Hacking Updated a9lh, still can't boot without sd card.

Rak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was using the guide on updating arm9loader and after I reach the place were you have to configure the luma boot with no sd card the 3ds would not turn on. I checked and the arm9loader.bin file is on the ctr nand partition, but a9lh doesn't seen to find it. I did download the latest version of a9lh and of safea9lhinstaller and ran it before trying to boot with no sd card, no idea what went wrong.

Rak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
arm9loaderhax.bin you mean?

Is it directly on the root (ie, in godmode9, you see it as soon as you click "1: sysnand crtnand"?)
Yes. I meant arm9loaderhax.bin
I copied it to the root directory of ctr nand using fbi as the guide said. I don't know what godmode9 is. BUT, I think I might know what happened. I still use emunand, so I may have copied to the ctr partition of the emunand instead of the sysnand

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh, yes then: FBI would show you the currently booted nand (and this is a good thing, because it means... that emunand is working!)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Did you try holding select when booting without sd? The config menu should show up.
  • Make sure you using the latest Luma Arm9loaderhax.bin 6.3.5
  • Make sure the name is correctly as it should be. Unless you want screen inital use this name instead "arm9loaderhax_SI.bin"
  • Try following steps to update a9lh again, maybe you forgot something important.

Rak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
  • Did you try holding select when booting without sd? The config menu should show up.
  • Make sure you using the latest Luma Arm9loaderhax.bin 6.3.5
  • Make sure the name is correctly as it should be. Unless you want screen inital use this name instead "arm9loaderhax_SI.bin"
  • Try following steps to update a9lh again, maybe you forgot something important.
Did not forget any steps. As I stated previously, I put the Arm9loaderhax.bin on the emunand ctr partition, so without sd it has nothing to load from. The guide should be updated to reflect this detail for the people that still use an emunand. I will left this for latter though, playing pokemon moon seems like a better use of my free time at the moment :)

Rak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well isn't emunand supposed to be used with a sd card in the first place? It wouldn't make sense to try and use it without one. :blink:
I just hate the idea that my 3ds becomes a paper weight without a sd card inserted in. But I prefer the peace of mind that the emunand brings me. I will probably end up just using sysnand one day, but not today.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did not forget any steps. As I stated previously, I put the Arm9loaderhax.bin on the emunand ctr partition, so without sd it has nothing to load from. The guide should be updated to reflect this detail for the people that still use an emunand. I will left this for latter though, playing pokemon moon seems like a better use of my free time at the moment :)

emunand?
sm7_facepalm.gif

Reactions: Quantumcat

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No your suppose to put it in your sysnand ctrnand. And why do you have an emunand? Emunands are pointless with a9lh as it is safe to update system and you don't lose you games.

Rak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can none of you read? I have my 3ds since long before 9alh was a thing and I knew enough about how these hacks work to self diagnose that my problem was that I injected the payload into the emunand. There is no need to shame me for keeping my emunand and my 9.2 sysnand. Damn people, grow up.

Rak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I won't say so if I have no idea what godmode9 is.. At least don't shame others by telling them to grow up.
Don't try to cover up their actions. I have read how people shame others here just because they don't update their hacks. There is a difference between telling someone that there is a better CFW than rxtools and actively mocking them for using menuhax and people here tend to forget that.

Sonic Angel Knight came up with a list of common mistakes without reading that I already had figured out what went wrong, but at least he wanted to help. el_gonz87 on the other hand? Just came to shame me for still having an emunand. As if that was some king of stupid mistake! And xtheman166 also came to say that "No your suppose to put it in your sysnand ctrnand." He didn't bother to even read that I was ACKNOWLEDGING that I made a mistake!

Not reading what other less know members write and shaming then for not using the latest methods. How is that kind of behavior acceptable?

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't try to cover up their actions. I have read how people shame others here just because they don't update their hacks. There is a difference between telling someone that there is a better CFW than rxtools and actively mocking them for using menuhax and people here tend to forget that.

Sonic Angel Knight came up with a list of common mistakes without reading that I already had figured out what went wrong, but at least he wanted to help. el_gonz87 on the other hand? Just came to shame me for still having an emunand. As if that was some king of stupid mistake! And xtheman166 also came to say that "No your suppose to put it in your sysnand ctrnand." He didn't bother to even read that I was ACKNOWLEDGING that I made a mistake!

Not reading what other less know members write and shaming then for not using the latest methods. How is that kind of behavior acceptable?

There was no shaming you for having an EmuNAND. Keep it, if it works for you great.

My face palm was that you would try sd-less boot injecting a necessary file for it into the sd card...

Didn't mean it to be rude or harsh, I probably should have kept the post to myself.

Last edited by el_gonz87,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la