Hacking Updated 6.1 to 7.0.1 via ChoiDujour, now just black screen

rob61

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using SX OS 2.5.3, and I wanted to update from firmware 6.1 to 7.0.1.

Used SX to run ChoiDujour, chose the one without "ex-fat" as I have never installed "ex-fat". I have a 128 gig card formatted with fat32.

Update went fine... ChoiDujour said it had to reboot after it updated. Selected reboot with my jib and SX dongle inserted.

Just got a black screen, nothing after that. Now I can't get it to boot.

I can TegraRcmGui into it with hedate. But if I try to boot into SX OS the initial red SX screen flashes for a half second, then black screen again never showing any other screens. I read that 2.5.3 supports 7.0.1. It just will not boot into SX OS or Switch OS.

Like an idiot, I didn't backup from 6.1, but I do have my backup from original 4.1 before I did any updating. I used ChoiDujour (via SX OS running homebrew) when I updated to 6.1 and that went fine a few months ago. After updating to 7.0.1 I can't even get the SX OS running.

Is there anything I could safely try before I attempt to restore my 4.1 backup? Not sure if I'm quite there yet. Never had to restore... I assume I'd use the restore function in ChoiDujour if necessary. Anything else I can try first?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Happened to me yesterday. Updated because of Mortal Kombat 11, then blackscreen after update. Had to replace the boot.dat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: you are a product of my imagination