Updated 6.1 to 7.0.1 via ChoiDujour, now just black screen

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by rob61, Apr 20, 2019.

1. rob61
    OP

rob61 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2007
    United States
    I'm using SX OS 2.5.3, and I wanted to update from firmware 6.1 to 7.0.1.

Used SX to run ChoiDujour, chose the one without "ex-fat" as I have never installed "ex-fat". I have a 128 gig card formatted with fat32.

Update went fine... ChoiDujour said it had to reboot after it updated. Selected reboot with my jib and SX dongle inserted.

Just got a black screen, nothing after that. Now I can't get it to boot.

I can TegraRcmGui into it with hedate. But if I try to boot into SX OS the initial red SX screen flashes for a half second, then black screen again never showing any other screens. I read that 2.5.3 supports 7.0.1. It just will not boot into SX OS or Switch OS.

Like an idiot, I didn't backup from 6.1, but I do have my backup from original 4.1 before I did any updating. I used ChoiDujour (via SX OS running homebrew) when I updated to 6.1 and that went fine a few months ago. After updating to 7.0.1 I can't even get the SX OS running.

Is there anything I could safely try before I attempt to restore my 4.1 backup? Not sure if I'm quite there yet. Never had to restore... I assume I'd use the restore function in ChoiDujour if necessary. Anything else I can try first?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    You need the latest sx os to be able to boot on 7.0.X.

3. jordanmgreen

jordanmgreen Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2013
    United States
    Brazil, Indiana
    Yup did the same last night panicked and forgot to update the boot.dat lol all is well after that

4. tpax

tpax GBAtemp Fan

Nov 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Happened to me yesterday. Updated because of Mortal Kombat 11, then blackscreen after update. Had to replace the boot.dat.

5. rob61
    OP

rob61 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2007
    United States
    Thank you. I grabbed the newest (beta) SX OS and now it boots! Thanks!