Hacking Update R4i Gold 3DS without an older DS?

moogpunk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

I have the same exact problem, I think

I had a perfectly running R4i Gold 3DS running on my blue DSi.... the DSi had to be sent in for repair and they sent me back a brand new DSi running 1.4.4. The repair was an unforeseen circumstance and I never thought to update the software previously...

now my DSi will not boot up the cart... gives me the error to hold down the power button. I am assuming this is because I never updated the kernal or firmware of the card to support the 1.44 patch prior

now I am stuck with a brand new DSi and a working flash cart with outdated software....

is my only option right now to either wait for a patch, buy another card preloaded with 1.4.4 support, or find another DS????? Thanks in advance. this is for my little sister, really, so it's killing me that she can't play games right now

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Even if there is a patch, you need to run the cart to update it, so you are in the same situation as the first guy.

You will need to use another DS that actually runs the cart in order to update it.

If that's not an option for whatever reason (live in the middle of nowhere, etc.) then yeah, you could just get another cart pre-updated. The DSTwo and R4i Gold (from R4iDS.CN, pay attention to the site on the cart/box, it's extremely important) will work fine.

Reactions: 1 person

moogpunk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update: got my hands on a ds lite... turns out its my card that is outdated... i have the one with the meet the robinsons logo and according to the r4 website, only supports up to 1.4.1 kinda sucks..... do I need to buy a new card or was I reading that incorrectly??

edit****** I think I made a mistake when trying to upgrade my card by not taking out the card and putting it back in the ds lite before hitting the button, it kept giving me a fail error which lead me to believe my card was just simply old... now i don't have the ds because we had to give it back to her friend ugh

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Q.How to update your r4i gold 3ds(r4ids.cn) on your NDSi & 3DS &NDSL?
A:Please download the patch from r4ids.cn and the latest wood r4.
Choose **_**_Patch_NDSi.nds and boot it up on your NDSi & 3DS & NDSL. Attention:do not take out your r4i gold 3ds and press KEY_A.
The updating process will begin. After updating it with success, your r4i gold 3ds can support the latest system.
Q.How ot update your r4i gold 3ds(r4ids.cn) on your NDSL?
A:Please download the patch from r4ids.cn . Choose **_**_Patch_NDSL.nds and boot it up.
Let's call the card A, which is used to boot up **_**_Patch_NDSL.nds.
Attention:take out A and insert your r4i gold 3ds again.
Press KEY_A and the updating process will begin.

In fact, **_**_Patch_NDSL.nds is usually used to repair your r4i gold 3ds. Even if it can not work well, you can use another flashcard(such as ak2i,r4 and r4i gold 3ds)to boot up **_**_Patch_NDSL.nds on a NDSL. Then reinsert your r4i gold 3ds into this NDSL to update it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle