Hacking [Update] R4i Gold 3DS [and DSTWO] firmware update to support 6.1.0-X RELEASED

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Hi all,

I have a R4i 3DS RTS on order and intend to update it when it arrives.

From what I gather from these posts, people are very confused with the whole signal line cutting issue and it seems that r4ids.cn are not very clear on why you should cut the signal line, leading many people to try the card in their 3DS before cutting the line and then saying it doesn't work even after they cut the line.

Now, if I understand correctly, this is because these people have bricked their card by trying to use it with the signal line still intact.

Again, correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that people are asking why the line has to be cut in order to make the update work? When in fact, the update works fine without cutting the line. Its just that if you don't make the cut, Nintendo's new firmware uses the signal line to destroy the card the second you try to use it.

You have to give Nintendo credit for this one. Now they can not only prevent the card from being used with a particular firmware, but can render the card unusable on any firmware as well!

ok heres the full information

you need to only cut the line on Rev C carts, why, because the 3DS can detect the hardware and then Block the cart
Rev's 9 and A have slightly different and appear to have been missed on the harware check so just the update works fine
so people saying just updating there card was fine was most likely people with Rev 9 or Rev A cards

people have most likely Bricked there cards because there is 2 loading bars and they shut off after the first one
and dont realize it will says "Update complete" and then thats when you turn it off

there is nothing saying that cutting the line prevents future updates, but it may mean that a certain part of it can no longer be updated which is fine because the team told me they have other work arounds, but i have indeed inquired about the updates

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi all,

From what I gather from these posts, people are very confused with the whole signal line cutting issue and it seems that r4ids.cn are not very clear on why you should cut the signal line, leading many people to try the card in their 3DS before cutting the line and then saying it doesn't work even after they cut the line.

Now, if I understand correctly, this is because these people have bricked their card by trying to use it with the signal line still intact.

Again, correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that people are asking why the line has to be cut in order to make the update work? When in fact, the update works fine without cutting the line. Its just that if you don't make the cut, Nintendo's new firmware uses the signal line to destroy the card the second you try to use it.

You have to give Nintendo credit for this one. Now they can not only prevent the card from being used with a particular firmware, but can render the card unusable on any firmware as well!

I have one DSTwo that simply stoped working when I used it on an updated 3DS.
I also heard many people complained of bricked flashcards.
I think Nintendo is bricking flashcards of everyone since v5.X.X-X.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

i believe this is why the line needs to be cut on the R4ids.cn R4i Gold cards

they just tell the 3DS to try and flash something
obviously a normal game would just fail

but a flashcard would be accepting of it

DSTT Fake Killer used this method and it indeed bricked flashcards

tho you should be able to re-flash cards with another one

TreacleWench

Trophies
XP
Country

Yeah it seems to be becoming harder to update. I have an Ace3DS which is less than a year old, I updated it's firmware to run on v5 using my wife's DS Lite but it had no effect. After emailing Ace3DS, they told me that the patch doesn't work with my board revision and that I should wait for them to release a patch for that version (which they still haven't) but I think it has been bricked anyway because the DS Lite doesn't even recognise the card is inserted anymore so I have no way to patch it.

Hence ordering the R4i. I just hope it comes soon as I want to go to the eShop and don't want to risk trying to patch it with my wife's one! :unsure:

OliverReed

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a rev 9, I take it if i update the flashcard it will still work on version 5.0, may update it just in case i accidentally update to 6.0

jimmie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I don't think it's true because after I applied the latest patch and tried using my card in my 3ds v6 without cutting the lines for 5 times, all the 3ds did was showing a message of error. I just wanted to make sure if it's possible to use the card without cutting the line.

So by then I knew I had to cut the line, and I did. The card works normally after that.

I hope that clarifies the myth.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I don't think it's true because after I applied the latest patch and tried using my card in my 3ds v6 without cutting the lines for 5 times, all the 3ds did was showing a message of error. I just wanted to make sure if it's possible to use the card without cutting the line.

So by then I knew I had to cut the line, and I did. The card works normally after that.

I hope that clarifies the myth.

so thats proof the 3DS was using that line to detect the card

doesnt mean the 3DS wasnt using it to flash small amounts of random data though

thanks for confirming the Line is Key for the Rev C carts tho

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
yeah i know but if i run the update but dont update to 6.0 the card should still work on 3ds version 5.0.

indeed it does still work on all previous firmwares

Did you get any answhere them ihave same problem dorasu card wont update green fail

mine updates fine, you did use the file that ends in 3ds correct?

Coulder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I has a same problem of a untok and Elnef.

I had 2 r4ids gold, one of these the update work perfectly but the another doesn't work.

This r4i doesn't work the update.
ztnl.jpg
This R4 Work.
7brd.jpg

untok

Trophies
Website
romumaailma.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Finland
Files are downloaded r4ids.cn site and 1.60 wood is also downloaded there. i formatted card now fat 32 and installed only wood and root of sd patches and still fail.

My icon that worked before are dorasu and 5.0.0-11 its working fine but latest firware get error screen.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I has a same problem of a untok and Elnef.

I had 2 r4ids gold, one of these the update work perfectly but the another doesn't work.

This r4i doesn't work the update.
ztnl.jpg
This R4 Work.
7brd.jpg

Did the update concluded? If yes, are you getting an error message on v6.0.0-X.
Not sure if you know, but after updating you need to cut the signal line on the PCB:

RUZrxIv.jpg

UP18RW8.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: