Hacking [Update] R4i Gold 3DS [and DSTWO] firmware update to support 6.1.0-X RELEASED

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested on both firefox and chrome on Linux and Windows.
Aren't they compatible with your browser? If yes, what browser are you using?
Are you using another OS, like Mac OSX or FreeBSD?
I'm using Firefox on Windows and your images didn't work..

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How are you not getting this? YOU can see them, because the links are for your computer/IP. The links are invalid for everybody else. It has nothing to do with the browser. It's just like how Pong can see the images using the links that he posted, but the rest of us can't.

Unless you use the codes listed on the page, you can't post the images in a forum for everyone to see.

Understood. Would these images work if they were downloaded and then uploaded on another site, like Imageshack?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
No, because you are still trying to hotlink without using the official method.

Click "show codes", copy the "Hotlink for Forums (1)", then paste it in your post. You will get this:
Code:
[url=http://postimg.org/image/nurmwfmnh/full/][img]http://s22.postimg.org/o7j12m4xd/2013_06_24_00_32_34.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://postimage.org/app.php]how do i print screen[/url]
Then just remove the second line. You should see:
Code:
[url=http://postimg.org/image/nurmwfmnh/full/][img]http://s22.postimg.org/o7j12m4xd/2013_06_24_00_32_34.jpg[/img][/url]
Which turns into:

Succubusty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got an R4i RTS gold card for my 3DS XL. The PCB says it's a "C".
Initially had the Dorasu icon, after the update had the Konami icon.
However, it wouldn't work on my 3DS XL without cutting the line (worked fine on the DSi I used to update it, though, but that's not 6.0.0).
So I cut the line. Anddddd... now it's bricked.
Game card doesn't even show up anymore on either of the DSes. Actually freezes my 3DS XL whenever I put it in.
Needless to say, I'm returning this piece of crap >>; Not sure whether I should try again or spring the extra $$ for a Supercard DS2. :\

daniel556

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
However, it wouldn't work on my 3DS XL without cutting the line (worked fine on the DSi I used to update it, though, but that's not 6.0.0).
Game card doesn't even show up anymore on either of the DSes. Actually freezes my 3DS XL whenever I put it in.
Needless to say, I'm returning this piece of crap >>; Not sure whether I should try again or spring the extra $$ for a Supercard DS2. :\

Did you re-install Wood 1.60 Kernel first?? you MUST install wood 1.60 first even if you already installed it a bit ago, I think they updated the files in it or maybe some change while using the card as I tested it and it WONT work if wood is not done first and the wire is not cut properly!

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Just take it easy.
Upload the picture of your card and we can help you out.

daniel556

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To update, you just replace the old files with the new ones, right?

Yeah well what I did was delete ALL files off the SD card apart from my games and then installed wood 1.60 (copy them over) and added the R4 3DS6.0 update, booted my card up, clicked on the update then when finished shut down take card out, open it up score the line properly till you can see no gold line and BINGO!!!

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah well what I did was delete ALL files off the SD card apart from my games and then installed wood 1.60 (copy them over) and added the R4 3DS6.0 update, booted my card up, clicked on the update then when finished shut down take card out, open it up score the line properly till you can see no gold line and BINGO!!!
Same result, the update failed. Before I just copied them over, but I tried deleting everything like you did. That didn't help.

Skyhigh_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sadly this is your fault and no whoever sold you the card.

That's what the ''read me'' thing is there for when you download the patch.

If you read everything in the instructions provided and see the pictures then everything will work fine because it did for me and i also have a 3ds xl.

I used a dsi to update the card, after update showed it was completed i just pressed '' B'' and then shut off my system. Then i took out the card and opened it and cut the wire it stated in the instructions and picture. The chip will look a tiny bit different then the picture provided but the ''c1'' and ''r9'' are basically exactly like pictured. You just cut the wire in the middle of the two ( make sure you use a small thin dissecting type knife and not a large one) and then its good to go.

You skipped this step even though it clearly stated it in the instructions in BOLD letters, and just went ahead and inserted it inside the 3ds system. Why did you assume it would magically work without cutting the wire before using it on a 3ds like it said to do?

DylanMcNeill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
My card looks a little different than the provided picture, so I just want to verify which wire to cut, before I go defusing bombs too fast.

I've already patched the new firmware, and a fresh copy of wood.

EDIT: Forgot my picture:

SME3up1.jpg

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
OK guys, we kinda need this info known widely so post this

the Rev C carts indeed need the line cut AFTER! you have applied the update
this is due to a new Hardware block introduced by 6.0.0-11/12

carts rev 9 & A DO NOT! need any cuts and work fine after you have ran the update .nds

dont think Rev9 & RevA will last that much longer though

i have asked the question about will the Rev C's be updatable after the line has been cut

Nintendo are indeed using more hardware blocks as well as headers

Reactions: oldskoolboarder

TreacleWench

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I have a R4i 3DS RTS on order and intend to update it when it arrives.

From what I gather from these posts, people are very confused with the whole signal line cutting issue and it seems that r4ids.cn are not very clear on why you should cut the signal line, leading many people to try the card in their 3DS before cutting the line and then saying it doesn't work even after they cut the line.

Now, if I understand correctly, this is because these people have bricked their card by trying to use it with the signal line still intact.

Again, correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that people are asking why the line has to be cut in order to make the update work? When in fact, the update works fine without cutting the line. Its just that if you don't make the cut, Nintendo's new firmware uses the signal line to destroy the card the second you try to use it.

You have to give Nintendo credit for this one. Now they can not only prevent the card from being used with a particular firmware, but can render the card unusable on any firmware as well!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: