[UPDATE] PUBG Mobile Available Now For Android and iOS in the U.S.

pubg mobile.jpg

The battle royale phenomenon PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) has been released for Android and iOS devices today!

Following a soft launch with "large amounts of positive feedback" in Canada last week, PUBG Mobile is now rolling to a wider audience. It is available in the U.S.
as of today, with "more regions will be added at a later date" according to Tenacent, the mobile gaming giant that collaborated for the game's development.

In the same vein as the console/PC version, PUBG Mobile pits 100 players onto a remote 8x8 km island for a winner-takes-all showdown. Players have to locate and scavenge their own weapons, vehicles and supplies, and defeat every player in a graphically and tactically rich battleground that forces players into a shrinking play zone.

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (1).jpg unnamed (3).jpg unnamed.jpg

At an unbeatable price of free PUBG Mobile's recommended specs for Android is OS 5.1.1 or above and at least 2 GB RAM. Apple devices require iOS 9.0 or later to play the game.

UPDATE:

It seems like the game is now rolling out to countries outside the U.S.! Being currently in a European country myself, I can confirm that it is available on the Google Play Store.

:download: PUBG Mobile on Google Play
:download: PUBG Mobile on App Store

Last edited by Prans,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
True, it's also about MS/Sony/Nintendo being stingy. The one modern example of crossplay is Rocket League.
Minecraft did finally get crossplay a while back, but only between the versions based on the same engine, the original desktop version (which was still the best one last time I checked, granted it's been a while since I've played Minecraft) still only works online between people using that version. I guess that would still count as modern given that it's still being updated.
Back when I played Minecraft I would have loved to have a mobile version of it so I could play with my friends on the go. But when they finally made a mobile version it was severely limited compared to the PC version, and had no online. When it did eventually get online (through the Realms thing) it still wasn't as flexible as online in the desktop version and by then I had lost most of my interest in Minecraft anyway.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I didn't know that one wasn't f2p. I figured it and Fortnite were nearly exactly the same game.
PUBG is $30 on Steam, not sure about other platforms. It's considered the more "adult" game I guess because of the darker, more realistic aesthetic. Battle Royale games like these don't really interest me one way or another.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
How is it not? I just downloaded and played it on my phone.
Oh, I misunderstood your question. I thought you were asking if pubg mobile somehow was my kind of game.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I logged into this game using my Facebook account. How the hell do I change screen name? Last thing I need is my name and picture all over the place when I'm playing. Seriously, I consider shit like this a security risk.

Last edited by LightyKD,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, it's also about MS/Sony/Nintendo being stingy. The one modern example of crossplay is Rocket League.
It's just Sony. Rocket League has crossplay between Xbox and Switch, along with PC. As does/will Minecraft, once the new port is finished and released for Switch. There are other games that have MS/Nintendo crossplay IIRC.

Reactions: osaka35

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could say it is a kind of decent/good port, runs pretty decent on my 2gb of ram, 1.5ghz octa-core phone, probably at 30fps in low settings with a bit of slowdowns here and there, but still pretty much playable :P

Will keep me entertained while i wait for fortnite to come to android devices at a later date :ha:

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably play this game as a guest until they fix the screen name / character name situation. Again, don't like running around with my real name and picture for online play. For most Mobile games , a Facebook login is used for cloud saves but at the very least, give the user the opportunity to change their damn screen name.

NightsEkim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to be at a huge advantage over the mobile only players, bluestacks and setting hotkeys, joysticks etc, using mapping is hilarious and a huge advantage, I'm using a guest account just in case using bluestacks is banable which it probably is but meh, they had to know bluestacks was a thing as well as other android emulators.

Reactions: LightyKD
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
And then the devs of PUBG claimed Fortnite stole ideas from them
It's pretty curious how they released a mobile port after Fortnite did it huh?

Making a mobile port of a PC/console game is no easy feat, especially for a company that doesn't have a highly optimized, easily scalable engine like Unreal Engine 4. For Bluehole to have released PUBG on mobile so soon after Fortnite, it's clear that both companies were working on mobile ports at the same time, and neither copied the other. There's just no possible way Bluehole saw Epic release a Fortnite mobile version and in the span of a week, created a fully-functioning mobile version of their own.

Reactions: WhiteMaze

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@