Hacking Update Path From 3.2U?

ViRGE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So now that Nintendo has released a new version of the firmware which is very undesirable to install, I find myself in a bit of a pickle. My Wii is still on 3.2U, and the hacked 3.3b installer only installs a patched version of IOS51, it does not install the new system menu and the IOSs from the earlier 3.3a update (IOS36/37?). Accordingly, I would like to get my Wii up to date, but I have no clue what the safe path for doing so is, since I would need to install 3.3a before being able to properly use the hacked 3.3b installer.

What would be the proper path towards bringing my Wii up to date?

ViRGE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to bump my own thread, but does anyone have any ideas? I am thinking that one way could be to use a game that comes with the 3.3 update, but are there any games that come with that update?

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Using a game to update is how I'd go about it... Warioware shake, or wii music should do the trick.

Just make sure they are from your region! (ie, NTSC-U if you are in the USA)

ViRGE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent. Do they have to be real games, or can I still install the updates from burnt copies via the Backup Loader?

ViRGE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I guess it couldn't be too easy, but at least it's not too hard. Thanks for the info SenorClean, I was afraid I'd get stuck on a dead-end system revision with no way to update.
cool.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.