Update Path From 3.2U?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ViRGE, Oct 26, 2008.

Oct 26, 2008

Update Path From 3.2U? by ViRGE at 2:14 PM (1,049 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. ViRGE
    OP

Member ViRGE GBAtemp Fan

So now that Nintendo has released a new version of the firmware which is very undesirable to install, I find myself in a bit of a pickle. My Wii is still on 3.2U, and the hacked 3.3b installer only installs a patched version of IOS51, it does not install the new system menu and the IOSs from the earlier 3.3a update (IOS36/37?). Accordingly, I would like to get my Wii up to date, but I have no clue what the safe path for doing so is, since I would need to install 3.3a before being able to properly use the hacked 3.3b installer.

What would be the proper path towards bringing my Wii up to date?

2. ViRGE
    OP

Member ViRGE GBAtemp Fan

Sorry to bump my own thread, but does anyone have any ideas? I am thinking that one way could be to use a game that comes with the 3.3 update, but are there any games that come with that update?

3. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Using a game to update is how I'd go about it... Warioware shake, or wii music should do the trick.

Just make sure they are from your region! (ie, NTSC-U if you are in the USA)

4. ViRGE
    OP

Member ViRGE GBAtemp Fan

Excellent. Do they have to be real games, or can I still install the updates from burnt copies via the Backup Loader?

5. Sportsmaniac1322

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I was on 3.2u, and I installed muzer's IOS. Is that bad? Also, I think you need the real game to install updates.

6. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Not through the backup loader, no. But you could update using a backup disc if you have a mod chip.

7. ViRGE
    OP

Member ViRGE GBAtemp Fan

Well I guess it couldn't be too easy, but at least it's not too hard. Thanks for the info SenorClean, I was afraid I'd get stuck on a dead-end system revision with no way to update. [​IMG]