[UPDATE] Nintendo Switch Out in the Wild!

Capture.JPG

Uh-oh!

As the title suggests, someone managed to get the upcoming Nintendo console before its March 3rd release. The person behind it, going as NeoGaf user hiphoptherobot, says an “unnamed store” decided to ship him an early Switch unit. He's even uploaded a video of it.

Check the video to have your first look at the console booting up, set up and UI!

[UPDATE]

Following the viral spread of the news of the early shipping of his console, NeoGaf user hiphoptherobot has decided to return his Switch to Nintendo after learning that his unit most likely came from a stolen batch.

Here's what he had to say when pressed to clear things up:

Not sure if I can really talk about it but I will say Nintendo has the console back and I am personally not in any trouble. Other than being out a console and the money I paid for it which really sucks with all the bills I have right now but it isn't going to be the end of the world or anything.

And I am sure it is frustrating that I cant share more details but I am not sure what I can or cant share. For the sake of clarification I will say that I don't think the person I got it from knew and therefore I certainly didn't know but somewhere down the chain some switches had "mysteriously disappeared". So while it was unknown to me, once I found out that it had probably been stolen I did't feel comfortable keeping it.

Again, I probably cant talk about details but after knowing what happened I don't necessarily think Nintendo is wrong for wanting the console back and the people I dealt with have all been very nice and reasonable. And again, I am not in any trouble but didnt feel like pushing my luck by keeping the videos up.

And I wouldn’t be surprised if they get me a replacement console or something. It just hasn’t been discussed as of yet. I’m not angry with them so other people don’t need to get angry with them on my behalf.

He also mentioned that he will be taking the original video down, although you can still find reuploads elsewhere.

If it's any consolation, March 3rd is less than two weeks away!

:arrow: SOURCE, UPDATE

Last edited by Prans,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It would be pretty funny if people who thought it was fake get the Switch and see the video was real. lol

I don't really know if it's real or fake, i'm just gonna wait until someone does some debunkin'.
This actually looks pretty real.... Set up and all

D

Deleted User

I posted how bad the image looks on discord,

Now that I think of it you are using gen 1 sprites in gen 3 background.
just don't
Actually, those are Gen 1 Sprites on a Gen 4 background. Still a bit anachronistic, so I see your point.

In regards to the Switch itself, I'd be mildly disappointed at the fact that there are no games out for it yet if I was the guy taking the video. Still, a cool thing to brag about, though.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What kind of moron...man i'd sell the shit out of that. I bet someone would pay a ton for it even with no game.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Pluupy,

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm honestly hoping we don't get anything more than basic userland homebrew within the switch's first year....

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One question. Who did that picture, funny, but i mean, it was worth it for the topic. :P

Also good job random person, leave it to someone to potentially risk things for us all? Always someone to do somethiing wrong. :glare:

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
So no backward compatibility and no build in game, how can one test out they Switch if it doesn't come with any game?

It doesn't seem to have any Mii game either. Why can't they just make it like 3DS?

Chris313

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The UI for the switch is pretty nice and modern does he have any games he can get? Can't this guy open the switch up so we can get some specs on it (even though specs don't really matter much just curious to see whats inside).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

he'll have to wait till march to buy zelda :creep:
He can buy via eshop you know.Not physical carts tho

Last edited by Chris313,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    haddad @ haddad: anyone online can help me with my new 2ds xl please...