trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Given that 3DS can play DS, DSi games, and DSiware, DSi maybe short lived. DSi may live on for another year before DSi are discontinued. GBA continued to live for a while because you need GBA if you want to play GB, GBC, or multilayer in GBA.

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
12766810.jpg

well last one

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sources claim that one guy bruteforced the DSi common key and sold it to a flash cart manufacturer.
I dont think that the common key alone is enough for cracking DSi mode but Team Cyclops might be the ones who bought the key.
At least if the sources dont f*ck with us.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Honestly, this is too little too late.
Not only did it take way too long to even deliver a DSi flashcart, but only now are they hopping on the internal CPU bandwagon.

Still, I loved my old CycloDS, and I have a whole bunch of unused Shoptemp credit, I reckon I'll get one once they arrive, regardless of inevitable over-pricing.
I think most of it is just that they're EU based.

If they start selling before xmas, then great, gives me something to give my bro, expand his flashcart collection.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PharaohsVizier said:
Sort of too early to criticize them isn't it? We aren't sure what it really does yet. Frankly I HOPE they wow us as the market has been sort of stagnant lately.

But if they release it expensive as hell.. what's the point?

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
PharaohsVizier said:
It didn't stop the CycloDS Evolution from selling.

Yes. And Fake-R4 cards sell as well...

Let's wait and see if the CycloDSi iEvolution has anything more to offer than a $15 flashcard.

I'm not really sure if that's going to happen.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PharaohsVizier said:
ShadowSoldier said:
PharaohsVizier said:
Sort of too early to criticize them isn't it? We aren't sure what it really does yet. Frankly I HOPE they wow us as the market has been sort of stagnant lately.

But if they release it expensive as hell.. what's the point?

It didn't stop the CycloDS Evolution from selling. As long as they create a good product, sales will come. I can see this being priced sub $60 and sell decently, while a price over $60 is pretty unlikely.

Yeah but for the DSL generation, the CycloDS was the best card to get. So it was worth it. But now that the DSTWO pretty much has everything covered, they'd be stupid to go higher than 40.

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
No matter what they price it at, they will have a lot of people that won't buy it. They can price it at a dollar and there are people who won't buy it, this is simple economics. The CycloDS Evolution has had enough of a reputation I think to sustain decent sales with a high price. You don't have to agree with me, but that's what I think.
If they were a dollar then i would buy a whole bunch of them! Then i would sell to my friends and classmates with dsl/i/XL for 5 bucks XP. I would probably keep some for myself also.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe all of the bashing in this thread. I have news for you. If they're coming out with this now, there is likely a plan. With an on-board CPU, the plan is likely emulation. If they're releasing it now, that means they think they can compete. I imagine seeing perfect GBA, and MUCH better SNES is not out of the question.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GreatCrippler said:
I can't believe all of the bashing in this thread. I have news for you. If they're coming out with this now, there is likely a plan. With an on-board CPU, the plan is likely emulation. If they're releasing it now, that means they think they can compete. I imagine seeing perfect GBA, and MUCH better SNES is not out of the question.

wishful thinking
tongue.gif

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
really too expensive this flashcard, as reseller they charge me already 32$ each, add shipping fee and paypal fee. the cost is at least 35$ . one shop should sell at least 40$ . and this money is only for preorder avaible stock only at half december where shipping is a sucide time due to xmas delay

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I'd just like to point out AGAIN how I have a strong feeling the images we've seen are photoshopped.
Rydian said:
The back of the box looks photoshopped to me. Check out the bold lowercase "i" character and how it relates to other text in the image, notice the "i" (which is the focus) is inconsistent even within the two bold lines. It's color is slightly darker than the other bold stuff as well. Letting JPEG compression do it's work is a fine way to attempt to cover it, but what they just gave us is a photoshopped mockup.

Now, I'm not doubting that this product exists, I'm just doubting those are the features listed on it, as they just look recycled from the current box.In addition to that, if you check out the i part of the logo on the front graphic, it's a slighter shade of blue than the normal graphics (which are a slighter shade of green), this can of course be confirmed by blurring and then picking up the hex values in photoshop.

This means we do NOT have a feature list yet (which makes sense since those features are all things current flash carts do).

GreatCrippler said:
I can't believe all of the bashing in this thread. I have news for you. If they're coming out with this now, there is likely a plan. With an on-board CPU, the plan is likely emulation. If they're releasing it now, that means they think they can compete. I imagine seeing perfect GBA, and MUCH better SNES is not out of the question.They never said onboard CPU or anything of that sort, we don't have a feature list yet.

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Nov 3 2010, 07:05 PM)
To be perfectly frank, they've still been one of the very best teams with regards to regular and high-quality updates.
Fuckin' calendars, how do they work?

One in Mar 2009.
One in Sept 2009.
One in Jan 2010.
Two in Mar 2010.
One in May 2010.
And then nothing until now.

So that's five updates in 18 months, with the latest being SIX MONTHS ago. Half a fucking YEAR.

Whereas in 9 months (half the time), AKAIO has gone through five updates (not to mention various private bets in that timespan)... and the Supercard DSTwo has come into existence and had multiple updates as well.

Anybody saying the Cyclo is good about regular updates lives in the past.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
One in Mar 2009.
One in Sept 2009.
One in Jan 2010.
Two in Mar 2010.
One in May 2010.

So that's five updates in 18 months, with the latest being SIX MONTHS ago. Half a fucking YEAR.

Whereas in 9 months (half the time), AKAIO has gone through five updates (not to mention various private bets in that timespan)... and the Supercard DSTwo has come into existence and had multiple updates as well.

You missed out quite a few updates...

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gariscus said:
Rydian said:
One in Mar 2009.
One in Sept 2009.
One in Jan 2010.
Two in Mar 2010.
One in May 2010.

Yeah, i estimate he's listed about half or a third of them...

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gariscus said:
Rydian said:
One in Mar 2009.
One in Sept 2009.
One in Jan 2010.
Two in Mar 2010.
One in May 2010.

List of updates in the last 18 months:

Two in March 2009
One in May 2009
Two in June 2009
Two in July 2009
Four in September 2009
Three in December 2009
Two in January 2010
Four in February 2010
Four in March 2010
Three in April 2010