Gariscus said:
Rydian said:
One in Mar 2009.
One in Sept 2009.
One in Jan 2010.
Two in Mar 2010.
One in May 2010.
And then nothing until now.

So that's five updates in 18 months, with the latest being SIX MONTHS ago. Half a fucking YEAR.

Whereas in 9 months (half the time), AKAIO has gone through five updates (not to mention various private bets in that timespan)... and the Supercard DSTwo has come into existence and had multiple updates as well.

Anybody saying the Cyclo is good about regular updates lives in the past.
You missed out quite a few updates...
List of updates in the last 18 months:

Two in March 2009
One in May 2009
Two in June 2009
Two in July 2009
Four in September 2009
Three in December 2009
Two in January 2010
Four in February 2010
Four in March 2010
Three in April 2010
One in May 2010
Two in June 2010
One in July 2010

31 updates.

Agreeing with Rydian.

Updates listed, still, 6 month hiatus on firmware shows exceptionally poor support and business acumen, especially at a crucial time where fixes are needed on an almost per release basis. A better idea is to prepare a new card -while- updates on the old card are still active and happening and then -announce- moving to the new card. Keep momentum moving forward.

This was not done. Conclusion: Very poor business decision indeed.

That is all.

Whatever way you look at it, 6 months of silence wasn't a very good 'management' decision at all. They handled things way wrong.
Moments of good engineering, maybe, but management ability, is none. Don't get the management right and it doesn't matter what else you offer.

zombymario

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good to hear that they are back and making a DSi card. TC never let us down
tongue.gif

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
br0br0 said:
Gariscus said:
Gariscus said:
Rydian said:
One in Mar 2009.
One in Sept 2009.
One in Jan 2010.
Two in Mar 2010.
One in May 2010.

So that's five updates in 18 months, with the latest being SIX MONTHS ago. Half a fucking YEAR.

Whereas in 9 months (half the time), AKAIO has gone through five updates (not to mention various private bets in that timespan)... and the Supercard DSTwo has come into existence and had multiple updates as well.

Two in March 2009
One in May 2009
Two in June 2009
Two in July 2009
Four in September 2009
Three in December 2009
Two in January 2010
Four in February 2010
Four in March 2010
Three in April 2010
One in May 2010
Two in June 2010
One in July 2010

31 updates.

Agreeing with Rydian.

Updates listed, still, 6 month hiatus on firmware shows exceptionally poor support and business acumen, especially at a crucial time where fixes are needed on an almost per release basis. A better idea is to prepare a new card -while- updates on the old card are still active and happening and then -announce- moving to the new card. Keep momentum moving forward.

That is all.

Whatever way you look at it, 6 months of silence wasn't a very good 'management' decision at all. They handled things way wrong.
Moments of good engineering, maybe, but management ability, is none. Don't get the management right and it doesn't matter what else you offer.
Actually closer to four months.
wink.gif

br0br0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gariscus said:
br0br0 said:
Gariscus said:
Gariscus said:
Rydian said:
One in Mar 2009.
One in Sept 2009.
One in Jan 2010.
Two in Mar 2010.
One in May 2010.

Two in March 2009
One in May 2009
Two in June 2009
Two in July 2009
Four in September 2009
Three in December 2009
Two in January 2010
Four in February 2010
Four in March 2010
Three in April 2010
One in May 2010
Two in June 2010
One in July 2010

31 updates.

Agreeing with Rydian.

That is all.

Actually closer to four months.
wink.gif

Lul'z. 4 months/5 months/6 months.. long timey, no updatey. Scene waits for no one, cyclos expected everyone to wait for them tho'. If cyclos gets a better manager, really that is what they desperately need. Get a better business manager, Cyclos. Your current manager just totally fk'd your business and brand. Boot him and get someone who knows how to run a business so that it keeps moving week to week.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess I'm the only one who remembers that they had one of the first DSi carts,they just didn't release it...

I wouldn't bash this card just yet though,who knows it might be an alternative to the SCDS2(who knows,maybe even better).And might work on the 3DS?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Etalon said:
ProtoKun7 said:
That's only a problem for people silly enough to update without checking.

Actually it's a problem for those who like to buy some little Nintendo games in the DSiWare store.

I don't mind getting DSiWare now and then, but I haven't updated yet.

Stevetry said:
thats no the point i am saying that the cyclodsi came out TOO late none talking about 3ds cards so sorry to burst you bubbleIt's only too late if DSis have been wiped off the surface of the planet. Last time I checked, they haven't been.

QUOTE(zhuzhuchina @ Nov 4 2010, 07:09 AM) really too expensive this flashcard, as reseller they charge me already 32$ each, add shipping fee and paypal fee. the cost is at least 35$ . one shop should sell at least 40$ . and this money is only for preorder avaible stock only at half december where shipping is a sucide time due to xmas delay
*Cough*cough*there's no price yet*cough*

QUOTE(lolzed @ Nov 4 2010, 09:16 AM)
I guess I'm the only one who remembers that they had one of the first DSi carts,they just didn't release it...

I wouldn't bash this card just yet though,who knows it might be an alternative to the SCDS2(who knows,maybe even better).And might work on the 3DS?
It was actually still an Evolution, but with some modifications either to it or the DSi that they never went into detail on.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
lolzed said:

It was actually still an Evolution, but with some modifications either to it or the DSi that they never went into detail on.
I knew that,but every new card(like AK2i) are also revisions.

I'm just saying this so everyone would stop bashing why it took 2 years to develop a card that works with DSi

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An in-game music player would be just great. Something almost every console lacks. I'd love to blast some sounds while playing my game on the same device.

Although this would be an excellent feature to have, I wouldn't get my hopes up(but I would really want this feature).

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
I knew the reaction would be negative, but probably not this negative.
If you don't want it, don't buy it.

The price is pretty much the same as the current cycloDS (which never dropped in price, which is weird)

Its all the same stuff though, DsLite card, made to work on Dsi. The whole extra processor is only good if someone makes some apps though.
Would be great if someone could get some DSi code running! Otherwise there is no hope in hacking the 3DS.
Who wants a 3Ds flash card if it only runs DS lite code?

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OzModChips said:
I knew the reaction would be negative, but probably not this negative.
If you don't want it, don't buy it.

The price is pretty much the same as the current cycloDS (which never dropped in price, which is weird)

Its all the same stuff though, DsLite card, made to work on Dsi. The whole extra processor is only good if someone makes some apps though.
Would be great if someone could get some DSi code running! Otherwise there is no hope in hacking the 3DS.
Who wants a 3Ds flash card if it only runs DS lite code?

So it has a processor similar to the Supercard DSTWO?

People have managed to run code in DSi Mode, no one seems to care about the DSi enough to want it fully hacked.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
deathking said:
if they developed some mega form of compression method to shrink the games and fit more on the cart it would be cool - if it was possible
Do you even know what you're talking about?

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
ProtoKun7 said:
Etalon said:
ProtoKun7 said:
That's only a problem for people silly enough to update without checking.

Actually it's a problem for those who like to buy some little Nintendo games in the DSiWare store.
I don't mind getting DSiWare now and then, but I haven't updated yet.

Well, that's nice to hear.

But it's the job of a DSi card manufacturer to get the card running on the latest DSi firmware, isn't it?

As we know, "Team Edge" wasn't able to do that in the past 8 weeks. And as we know, Team CycloDS sometimes disappeares for months.

That's a problem now, I think.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
Fuckin' calendars, how do they work?

One in Mar 2009.
One in Sept 2009.
One in Jan 2010.
Two in Mar 2010.
One in May 2010.

Getting your hate on, much? Christ, I'm not a fan of the inactivity lately either (though as others have pointed out, your list of updates is grossly lacking), but it was clearly due to the fact this thing was being worked on. If you don't like the Cyclo, go post somewhere else. Haters gonna hate, so go hate on Apple why don't you? At least that's productive.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
TM2-Megatron said:
If you don't like the Cyclo, go post somewhere else. Haters gonna hate, so go hate on Apple why don't you? At least that's productive.

This is not about loving or liking a flashcard.

If you need to love something, you should love the game developers. They are producing the stuff, nobody else.

This is an open discussion if an upcoming $40 card is worth it's price and if the Team has done a good job in the past.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Etalon said:
This is an open discussion if an upcoming $40 card is worth it's price and if the Team has done a good job in the past.

An open discussion where some people are skewing facts and ignoring others. As far as I know there's been no price announcement yet, either; so maybe people should wait for that before boarding the hating train and making themselves out to be morons.

Who knows if it will be worth it, at this point. I do think TC must have something up their sleeves that they at least think will make this card desirable, despite being released so late in the game. Whether it does or not, who knows? But they aren't completely brain dead, and if some of these people posting in here are capable of figuring out this is being released late, I'm quite sure TC may've thought of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch