Hardware update from homeless switch-finder guy (hello)

D

Deleted-401606

I was the one responsible for the other thread to be closed because i reported it, and it wasnt about your story, it had more to do with the behavior of the users here. Everyone were being just an asshole to each other and even insulting.

I sometimes am thankful about your thread, because you helped showing how shitty this community can be.

Not really? I never knew you were a moderator around here to be deciding what threads get closed and what not. People don't like criminals,does it really surprise you that much? Is it really that hard to comprehend why people do not like thieves?

Reactions: Deathscreton

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really? I never knew you were a moderator around here to be deciding what threads get closed and what not. People don't like criminals,does it really surprise you that much? Is it really that hard to comprehend why people do not like thieves?
Again, the other thread was full of people breaking the conduct rules of gbatemp. As much as i dislike thieves i really cant take serious this story and the best to do is just report the stupid shit that happen time to time on some threads to the moderators, just like the past one.

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, the other thread was full of people breaking the conduct rules of gbatemp. As much as i dislike thieves i really cant take serious this story and the best to do is just report the stupid shit that happen time to time on some threads to the moderators, just like the past one.
But was it necessary for you to flaunt it? Whether you believe the story or not doesn't give you the right to make decisions on your own or to claim actions that you did not perform.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But was it necessary for you to flaunt it? Whether you believe the story or not doesn't give you the right to make decisions on your own or to claim actions that you did not perform.
ONCE again, the past thread was full of flaming, insults and fights. We as a users have the ability to report threads or other users when we see behaviors like that. Even mods encourage to help the community by reporting that stuff.

Again, it had nothing to do with the story itself, but with the actions of the users in that thread.

D

Deleted User

i dont see a problem
if i were you i would hold onto it
then check back at the house that didnt have anyone some other time
if you still cant find the owner then keep it

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I don't really give a shit I think it sucks that these kind of threads pollute the forum so I'll just report it to hopefully have it removed. I encourage anyone to join me. OP's attention is already on PUBG but he'll be back to see who took his bait in about two hours.

doctailor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont see a problem
if i were you i would hold onto it
then check back at the house that didnt have anyone some other time
if you still cant find the owner then keep it
yeah that's probably the route im taking with this. it's maybe a 20 minute walk from a place i get to stay at from time to time, someone will be back there eventually. it probably belonged to someone on that street, but it's a pretty long thoroughfare. i'll probably put up a flyer or something once i've got better means with which to be contacted/found through, and once i've beat mario kart thoroughly haha. obviously apologizing for having taken some time in returning it, etc. he'll be happy to have it back regardless, i'd imagine. think he'd be upset if i installed some cool game demos on there in the mean time? this thing is a fucking blast, i tell you. what an awesome system. i'd have to use the nintendo account i made at the library, but someone here in the last thread said that nintendo doesn't blacklist lost systems from downloading things. that's true? i hope so.

everyone can chill on the weird, reactionary trolling and the troll hunting by the way (it's the same thing, yall). im just a dude who found a cool system and wants to play it to it's full potential before it goes back. those else of you are cool though, so thanks for everything so far. i was just answering the questions raised in the thread i'd made is all, since there were a lot of them and people were getting pretty up-in-arms about things. which is okay i guess. that's people for you. internet happens.

it's all love from my end though. thanks everybody!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Whoever's switch it is they are lucky to have played pokemon.
it is honestly the most complicated fighting/battle system i've ever encountered. maybe it's just me getting impatient 20 minutes through the battle tutorial, but *good god*

it's nifty to look at from a button masher's perspective, but i don't know if i could ever garner myself the patience to understand what the fuck i'm supposed to be doing. it's super cool, but ugh. not a pick-up-and-play kind of thing at. all.

just in case you haven't had the chance to play it yourself and wanted to know

--edit--
and sorry for polluting your forum i guess? i mean, im completely new here, and really only dropping through, so i don't know where a thread asking dualy what functionality i could get out of a lost system/if its okay to log into as my own self and use it in the meantime while also getting advice about how i'd eventually go about returning it would really, actually go. so like.... my apologies on that front. sincerely. we cool now?

Last edited by doctailor,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone here even read his message? He tried to find the owner.

Half assedly.. Still, better than nothing? The fact of the matter is that he's claiming somebody else's expensive piece of tech as his own. Say what you want, finder's keepers isn't a real thing.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if he goes to the other house, and it's not theirs, then what can he really do? Do the police still do the 30 day thing? Can Nintendo contact the owner? Also just cause neighbors say no one named Chris, they might not know or be considering children.

Reactions: Deleted User

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lmao. What about pirating games my friend....

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Funny thing is everyone is bitching about OP for stealing while most of them has pirated games. Or still doing. OP just want to survive somehow.
Eh. Not the same thing. Apples to oranges. The moral issue is still there, but that's a different issue entirely.

doctailor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if he goes to the other house, and it's not theirs, then what can he really do? Do the police still do the 30 day thing? Can Nintendo contact the owner? Also just cause neighbors say no one named Chris, they might not know or be considering children.
i think i'd mentioned in passing that chris's mii has a full beard. unless he's kicking ass at early puberty, i doubt he's a child. good consideration, though. i appreciate your reply.

i haven't checked with the police in regards to the 30-day thing yet (someone else said it's 90 where they are) but i'll have a friend make the inquiry for me because i am not on the best terms with the local police due to my prior issues with addiction (as well as there being a corruption scandal threatening the shutdown of the entire department right now, which doesn't surprise me much tbh. knowing them well, sadly, i bet they'd take it and keep it themselves! haha). anyways, i'd be terrified they jump to conclusions about the situation. i'll see what they say, though, for sure-- you're not the first person to mention that this is a possibility. would be cool if they let me hold it while they search for the owner, but i don't think that's something they would allow.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Pirating copies the original,while stealing removes the original.
everyone wants to see themselves as the good guy. morality is not a black and white issue, rather a massive swath of grey area. nobody is perfect; we've all done good, we've all done bad. i know i've done both, and if we're all honest with ourselves i think we can admit that the same goes for us all. it's not what you do but how and why you do it, and respect is the key. fact is, i could have sold this thing for food, or smokes, or whatever i wanted almost a week ago. rather, i like to think i'm taking the best possible care of it that i can while it happens to have fallen into my considerably lucky hands. i like to think that for now, it couldn't have a better temporary owner. i treat it like it's my own prized possession, and for the time being it kind-of is... it's all i have of any real value asides the intangible (friendships, character, etc.) ...it could have fallen into far worse hands than my own. don't you think?

no intent to argue, of course, with all due respect. just waxing poetic, i suppose, on a subject that none of us can really claim to have the right answer-- or even a perfect track-record, for that matter... i think. we're all human, and that's the one and only absolute truth at the end of the day. we do what we can, when we can do it, and we can hope and believe what we do in that moment is right... but only god can judge in the absolute; of course assuming the existence of an omniscient, judicial power beyond ourselves.

edit- might as well pick an avatar. sir arthur conan doyle is cool. always admired the 'tashe, but i guess his writing is alright too. hah

Last edited by doctailor,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf