Hardware update from homeless switch-finder guy (hello)

doctailor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i guess the thread was closed on the assumption that i was a troll, or not coming back, or something. but it did turn out to be more of a moral quandary and debate more than anything answering what i actually hoped to learn about the switch (thanks to those who tried to help me figure out how accounts and what-not work on this thing). for that i am sorry. i'll answer a few questions as i read through what looks to have ballooned to a huge, stupid thread. i'm about half-way through it now.

to answer some questions people had for me:
- i found this website googling 'nintendo switch' and other keywords, i don't remember which now but mostly stuff like 'lost', 'found', 'blacklist', etc. don't remember what specifically got me here though, but it seemed like the best place to ask considering this place seemed to have a hacking focus and there'd be less chance of what seems to have happened in the thread i posted. i'm dumb, clearly. we are on the internet.
- i usually get internet access at the library, but also have two close-ish friends who let me crash on the couch when circumstances provide (landlord not home, etc). this was posted from there, as was the previous thread. i play mario kart with them. one says keep it. one says sell it. i'm happy playing it for now. i keep the switch in a waterproof, seemingly life-proof briefcase that i am lucky to have and carry with me everywhere as of late, along with all my medical paperwork, job applications and other on-paper personal information, and i charge wherever i can. i try to avoid shelters, as i've been stolen from before. i'm a fairly small and unintimidating dude, albeit street-smart for the most part, and you can not bring a knife into a shelter. at least not around here. i'd sleep in a 'bando first. this is my second stint of homelessness, and some ask why...
- i am a recovering drug addict in my late 20s, and currently attend regular meetings and an outpatient program that is looking to help me with finding assisted living housing. i suffer from a couple of mental disorders that has left family life strained for me, and i'm trying to change my life after a recent suicide attempt, after which family decided they wanted to cut ties completely. it's a long story that i won't go into detail in right here. hopefully, with continued help from my doctors and counselors, i can continue to remain stable and clean (as i have once before), and dig myself out of this hole i've found myself in. the karma i referred to i believe has built up from staying on the right track, not relapsing back into heavy drug use over the last (ehh... has it been a month and a half homeless? around three months clean, now), finding a job (albeit losing it), and volunteering my time at the soup kitchens and other charity organizations that help people like me get by while i wait to hear back about (i pray) another job-- the next step forward. in a way, this thing has helped me get through some recent hard times with my mental health doctors playing with my medication a bit recently, and mario kart is kinda...keeping me sober? i've aced through 100cc, 150cc is killing me though. my skills aren't what they used to be back when i was playing the n64/wii versions of this :/ i play pick-up games with random people i encounter so long as it's in a place public enough i don't think i'll be mugged for it. it's always fun, puts a smile on my face and theirs... this is cool for now. it was a big hit at church. i played one match and let the kids take over. some parents almost had to drag them out. they're all just happy for me too, oddly enough.
- i did indeed find it on the side of the road. the original owner's name is chris, his mii has a beard. i have written down on an appointment card tucked in the carrying case the address in front of which i found it (two actually, it was between two properties), and i knocked on both doors the other day since i had to walk back that way again the other night. no answer at the first door, second door doesn't know a chris. says there's no chris next door. i had a knot in my stomach doing this because i really want to hold onto it for now, but i wanted to see. had to, i guess. i have an aversion to the police, you can probably assume that from my background. when i'm a bit more stable, mentally and financially, i may go down that road. for now, the thought of the police still makes me shake. i'm a happy switch owner, for now. i also haven't deleted the guy's account. i do still wish i could log in with my own, though, but i am nervous about it. i made a nintendo account at the library the day after i found it and still haven't used it. would love to play some free demos or something, but i won't and can't log into chris' account to do so. so be it. big thanks to devin for the tip on the 90 days thing, though. if they do that near me, that may be the route that i go after my current ordeal is through.
- on page three now-- somehow the torn-up run-over shopping bag turned into a bookbag? it was a shopping bag. looked to have been run over on one side, and thankfully that's not where the switch was. big ol-calvin klein shopping bag. the kind you get when you've bought like, well, a whole lot of calvin klein at an outlet store. haha. there wasn't a receipt for the clothes in the mashed up bag, and most of those clothes and tags weren't even from the same store. a lot of it was mix-and-match. there were definitely some random tags in there. if i hadn't known any better, i'd think the dude was probably return-scamming. i did the same back when i was an addict with a car and the means to do so. not judging. this is all fairly common around these parts, and i wouldn't hold it against the guy if i was right. still sucks to lose your stuff. sucks worse if a habit depends on it. been there, lived that. i hope he's okay. the thought of being dope-sick sends chills up my spine still today. god bless. maybe i'm wrong, i'm wrong a lot. we all are. i certainly hope that i am. but alas, it's a mystery shopping bag. who knows? i don't.
- page four. if his email address is in his account profile, i don't see it. no friends, no social media connected, says he'd played mario kart for 5 hours, rocket league for one, pokemon for 10. that's everything. idk. i'm not logging into his account though. just viewing his page on the home screen. i couldn't log in if i wanted to, anyways, i've found. something i did the other day prompted me to log in to a nintendo account... so he's /been/ logged out. hey thirty3three--thanks for the well wishes!! huma_dawii too.

sorry about the big stupid thread where you all argued with each-other or whatever. thanks for those who helped out. also a big thanks to those who didn't call me a dick in some way. sorry for those who got mad on the internet (we still do that? 2018 was supposed to be *different*!). but most importantly, god bless you all!

i'll check back when i can to see if this isn't closed or whatever, if anyone else has anything they want to ask, and especially if anyone else has any tips/advice about the switch (regarding using it as a new owner [if even only temporarily], i hope!), and uhh... thanks again yall. bye for now...

Last edited by doctailor,

YTElias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What exactly is the point of this thread? I don’t get it
This guy who writed this long text found a switch that isn´t his on the street with some games and even a carry case
The person who lost this switch had a account on the switch and the person who wrote this thread found it
He really enjoys it even tho its not his switch but he can´t find the owner

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
This guy who writed this long text found a switch that isn´t his on the street with some games and even a carry case
The person who lost this switch had a account on the switch and the person who wrote this thread found it
He really enjoys it even tho its not his switch but he can´t find the owner
Well he really hasn't even tried to find the owner

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
OP stole someones Nintendo Switch and is bragging about using it. Nothing really interesting to see here.
According to him he didn't steal it, but rather found it. On the other hand he hasn't tried to return it so...

YTElias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well he really hasn't even tried to find the owner
How could he?
Theres no much information that he would find the owner

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OP even admits to return scamming in the past,whatever that means.
scamming is when you like selling something the person gives you the money for the product but you don´t give the product

D

Deleted-401606

why is it stealing if he just found it on the street and want to give it to the owner back

He admits that he's a drug addict and has stolen in the past,I don't understand why people want to defend this guy. If he wants to keep it fine,but he needs to understand what he is doing isn't right. Bottom line OP is a thief.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was the one responsible for the other thread to be closed because i reported it, and it wasnt about your story, it had more to do with the behavior of the users here. Everyone were being just an asshole to each other and even insulting.

I sometimes am thankful about your thread, because you helped showing how shitty this community can be.

Last edited by DeslotlCL,

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
So let's help find the owner?
Reddit helped reunite a guy with his Switch recently.
Indeed. OP, if you'd make a reddit thread giving specifics about where you found it and when, posting pictures of the Switch itself and the case it came with, then you'd have a good chance of actually reuniting it with its owner. Maybe keep the Switch's serial number and the exact look of the Mii a secret in an attempt to provide a way for people to prove themselves the actual owners. You might also want to require they provide specific details about the save data on the console as well for proof. If you really wanted to return this Switch to its rightful owner (and you should make every effort to do so, within reason), then I think this reddit idea is your best and easiest shot.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP stole someones Nintendo Switch and is bragging about using it. Nothing really interesting to see here.
The OP (if he is telling the truth) found the bag on the side of the road. It's not stealing, it's more like finding. He DID try to search for the owner. He also didn't brag about using it.

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The OP (if he is telling the truth) found the bag on the side of the road. It's not stealing, it's more like finding. He DID try to search for the owner. He also didn't brag about using it.
Leave it to our community to see the shitty in everyone. To be fair though, that's a lot of what happens here. So long as OP does what he can in his situation, I don't see any reason to fault him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.