Hardware Update from 5.1.0

rewrewrew123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Hi!

I need some help about how to update an Old 3ds with FW 5.1.0-4(originally, then I updated to 7 if I don't remember worse)
I can launch RxTools and I have succesfully set up an emunand 10.3.0-28E
I need to upgrade my sysnand to 9.2 because I have installed the cia that was mentioned in the TWL Launcher in both nand (emu and sys), but unfortunately I cannot launch Ds Games anymore normally.
(I can run Ds Games by custom TWL but it's a bit uncomfortable launch everytime Cubic Ninja then HBL then RxTools then TWL)
So I need to launch RxTools in devmode but it doesn't work, I used the last build from lavanoid and the 2.5.2 too but it doesn't work.
I tried Pasta CFW.
I am able to launch but I return to sysnand menu, and when I try to launch something that "hasn't firm", like homebrew application or sysupdater, the 3ds says: "Try to reinstall from 3ds shop" so it doesn't work.
I am unable to update from a 3ds cartridge.

What can I do?

Entry points: Ninjhax, Browser

Last edited by rewrewrew123,

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
You can use Rxtools devmode + sysupdater (or minipasta + sysupdater) to upgrade your sysnand to 9.2.

Also there's no need to bump a thread every couple hours. In fact, you could've asked this question in the Noob paradise thread.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you can buy a fire emblem fates game which contains a 10.3 updater which is safer to update..
rxTools Pasta Mode + sysUpdater is an cheaper and safer method to go to 9.0/9.2. going to 10.3 adds an unnecessary risk downgrading to 9.2.

either way you'd be using sysUpdater...so you should do it now without going to 10.3.

also, going to 10.3 via gamecard will stub the browser (i.e. "brick" it). so you'd need Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time 3D to downgrade anyway.

Last edited by ihaveahax,
Reactions: ric.

rewrewrew123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
So I need to launch RxTools in devmode but it doesn't work, I used the last build from lavanoid (beta 3.0) and the 2.5.2 too but it doesn't work.

:D

Ideas?

Shuttleu

Trophies
XP
Country
Launch MiniPasta then go back into the homebrew channel and run sysupdater with the 9.2 files on the sd card in a folder called "update"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY