[UPDATE] 3D animated 'Sonic The Hedgehog' series coming to Netflix

IMG_20210201_182340.jpg

Neflix has officially announced that a new 3D animated series starring Sonic The Hedgehog is coming to the streaming platform. The news come from an official tweet, with an image that suggests the name of this series being Sonic Prime. It also mentions that SEGA, WildBrain Studio and Man of Action Entertainment (Ben10) will be involved in the production.

While the tweet does not reveal much more details, it does give the series a launch window for 2022.

[UPDATE]

Additional details about the series was revealed by WildBrain Studio. According to the latter, Sonic Prime will consist of 24 episodes that "draws upon the keystones of the brand and features the “Blue Blur” of video game fame in a high-octane adventure where the fate of a strange new multiverse rests in his gloved hands". They also added that "Sonic’s adventure is about more than a race to save the universe, it’s a journey of self-discovery and redemption".

It was also announced that WildBrain's Vancouver studio will animate the series, while SEGA and WildBrain will jointly participate across production, distribution and licensing. Man of Action Entertainment's role for Sonic Prime will be as showrunners and Executive Producers.

:arrow: SOURCE
:arrow: UPDATE SOURCE

Last edited by Prans,

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The bit about it being a redemption quest for Sonic makes it seem edgier than it ever could. Like a fanfiction written by a teenager. Maybe we're gonna see Tails die over and over in a Steins;Gate style loop.

As for people saying Ben Schwartz wouldn't work, he'd probably do just fine, just has to deliver lines differently, but that's up to the director to decide, not the actor.

powblock-64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
let's hope it's not going to be another groundhog day sort of movie ( Netflix has been doing a lot of them these days....)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram