[UPDATE] 3D animated 'Sonic The Hedgehog' series coming to Netflix

IMG_20210201_182340.jpg

Neflix has officially announced that a new 3D animated series starring Sonic The Hedgehog is coming to the streaming platform. The news come from an official tweet, with an image that suggests the name of this series being Sonic Prime. It also mentions that SEGA, WildBrain Studio and Man of Action Entertainment (Ben10) will be involved in the production.

While the tweet does not reveal much more details, it does give the series a launch window for 2022.

[UPDATE]

Additional details about the series was revealed by WildBrain Studio. According to the latter, Sonic Prime will consist of 24 episodes that "draws upon the keystones of the brand and features the “Blue Blur” of video game fame in a high-octane adventure where the fate of a strange new multiverse rests in his gloved hands". They also added that "Sonic’s adventure is about more than a race to save the universe, it’s a journey of self-discovery and redemption".

It was also announced that WildBrain's Vancouver studio will animate the series, while SEGA and WildBrain will jointly participate across production, distribution and licensing. Man of Action Entertainment's role for Sonic Prime will be as showrunners and Executive Producers.

:arrow: SOURCE
:arrow: UPDATE SOURCE

Last edited by Prans,

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found Sonic X to be worse, as most episodes were filler with self insert Chris and you only had like six to seven minutes of Sonic.
and the animation was so bad. It was like watching a slideshow - not dynamic at all. It was the cheapest animation of almost any show I have seen.

Sonic X season 3 is way better. It's basically a gundam storyline with Space exploration which feels really unique when it comes to Sonic. Not to mention that Chris is actually useful now because of time travel shenanigans and he makes cool stuff like the Soap Shoes.

The logo already bothers me. It just seems too busy and it tells nothing about what the show is like, which the boom and X logo did pretty well. I only have two things that I wouldn't want for the show, for it to retread any form of resistance plot, especially from Archie comics, because we've already had a lot in the recent past like IDW, and that Ben Schwartz becoming the permanent voice of Sonic. If he does in the games I will learn japanese and play the games that way. Junichi Kanemaru's Sonic voice is delicious either way

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Man of Action? Well I liked original Ben 10 and Generator Rex...

Yo guys, just found some leaked concept art for this upcoming series
dc85sco425z41.jpg

Nintendo: So I heard you wanna get sued...

Honesty they couldn't have made it look more like Samus from the Metroid series unless they were actually making Samus.

Last edited by raxadian,
Reactions: DarkCoffe64

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Man of Action? Well I liked original Ben 10 and Generator Rex...

Nintendo: So I heard you wanna get sued...

Honesty they couldn't have made it look more like Samus from the Metroid series unless they were actually making Samus.
I'll be the nice guy and tell you that's not actually the art, some one drew that unrelated a while ago.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Pretty weird that they'll have a Sonic show without a Sonic voice actor. :unsure:

and the animation was so bad. It was like watching a slideshow - not dynamic at all. It was the cheapest animation of almost any show I have seen.
You don't watch Anime much, do you?

Last edited by Jayro,
Reactions: x65943

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to see Blaze. She is all about this multiverse stuff. Also, I wonder if they are going have any humans besides Eggman. Would like to see GUN get involved again.

NNate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the movie end up being a success? I never saw it.

I guess you can't compare live action to animated.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Which animation? The 90s one? (~93) That was my childhood. I loved that show. Also Super Mario World.

Reactions: x65943

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did the movie end up being a success? I never saw it.

I guess you can't compare live action to animated.
it did pretty well, considering everything that happened with that first trailer.
and it wasn't a terrible movie overall, just not an amazing sonic movie. but a sequel on a new planet with a more eggmany eggman and a few sonic buddies could make it a better sonic movie too.
i mean, technically, i could do without the human guy entirely, but i wouldn't mind if him and/or his son get taken to the other world...

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
it did pretty well, considering everything that happened with that first trailer.
and it wasn't a terrible movie overall, just not an amazing sonic movie. but a sequel on a new planet with a more eggmany eggman and a few sonic buddies could make it a better sonic movie too.
i mean, technically, i could do without the human guy entirely, but i wouldn't mind if him and/or his son get taken to the other world...

There is a "conspiracy theory" that ugly sonic was just a form of viral marketing. In the end, it probably turned out more successful then it would have without such a fiasco. We may never know.

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo