Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's any better than the Gateway 3DS, I may consider it, although since I already have a Gateway, there may not be much to justify me getting it, just like how I decided on the 3DSXL instead of the new one.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If it's any better than the Gateway 3DS, I may consider it, although since I already have a Gateway, there may not be much to justify me getting it, just like how I decided on the 3DSXL instead of the new one.

No real advantage that I can think of.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd probably buy one too if can run 3DS games with emuNAND functionality and DS(i) games, I was just teasing with my posts above.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's obviously fake. Why would they name their first 3DS card DSTwo+? Doesn't make sense. 3DSOne would make more sense.

I'm not commenting on whether it's a fake or not that's still up in the air but 3DSOne might be a bit confusing to a lot of buyers and they may end up buying the DSOne instead, whereas DSTWO+ or DSTWO PLUS would be a bit more prononuced and less confusing IMHO.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It looks suspicious, but I hope it's real. I love my DSTWO and having a 3DS flashcart with the same feature set would be a dream come true.

I wouldn't say GW are in trouble.

GW have proven to keep up to date month by month with emunand updates whenever Nintendo updates. For the reason alone, I'd stick with gateway. Theres nothing I want to do with my 3DS which I can't do with a gateway (apart from update above firmware 4.5+ which they're adding).

Also this "poster" is fake.
If it turns out to be real, I think Gateway are in trouble.
SuperCard have long been the fastest at updating their DS cartridge, their support is second to none. I expect their 3DS flashcart if/when they do come out with one to be just as good.

loco365

Trophies
XP
It looks suspicious, but I hope it's real.

Suspicious is an understatement. I could probably make a better-looking poster in an hour than that. At least it wouldn't be using Comic Sans and look like it was hastily put together in MS Paint or something.

If they're any kind of "professional company" (Because really, flashcards isn't really a professional business to begin with), the presentation banner would at least look as decent as their website. And their website isn't that bad, really.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Missilewarriorz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i mean, to me this just looks fake.. Honestly i do hope its real tho, competition is good for any market! it drives companies and vendors to compete with features and price. again I really hope this is real.. only time will tell. i just picked up my gw patiently awaiting the 9.2 update "around the corner" lol

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not the first time I've heard of it. I've contacted SC regarding the matter, but haven't received confirmation. As for SC and their support? They've had some of the best and fastest updates to firmware updates from Nintendo on the DSiXL and 3DS. I doubt they'd do less than before.

ps. Gateway didn't find the 4.x exploit. They made it work on their card, but that's the easier part after the exploit has been found and documented :)

D

Deleted User

Not the first time I've heard of it. I've contacted SC regarding the matter, but haven't received confirmation. As for SC and their support? They've had some of the best and fastest updates to firmware updates from Nintendo on the DSiXL and 3DS. I doubt they'd do less than before.

ps. Gateway didn't find the 4.x exploit. They made it work on their card, but that's the easier part after the exploit has been found and documented :)

Exploit = utilising a vulnerability to make it do things.

Gateway didnt find the mset vulnerability, but they did develop the exploit that actually makes this vulnerability do something useful. MT card is using GW's exploit like 1:1 verbatim copy (ie the actual ROP code and such).

It's like some of these guys on this forum saying they crashed Metroid by entering that special password. Just cause you know this doesn't mean you can actually do something useful with it ...

Reactions: kyogre123
D

Deleted User

It looks suspicious, but I hope it's real. I love my DSTWO and having a 3DS flashcart with the same feature set would be a dream come true.

If it turns out to be real, I think Gateway are in trouble.
SuperCard have long been the fastest at updating their DS cartridge, their support is second to none. I expect their 3DS flashcart if/when they do come out with one to be just as good.

3DS is not a DS.

They are worlds apart in terms of underlying code and OS (DS had none). If it was this easy we would have seen something like DSThree much sooner.
As far as support goes, DSTWO did not have to do much for latest "firmware" compatibility (read: not much effort needed). For 3DS they need to invest serious effort.

the.rx-78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love more competition. Gateway seems adamant on being the best, so let them be better. And if they can't... we got a card better than Sky3DS working beyond 9.2. :D

Reactions: telon22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: