Hacking Update 11.8 - Failed to Apply 1 Firm patch(es)

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
Not very good with tech here, I put the boot.firm onto my sd and it works fine but my system version says ver again rather than sys... is this fine or is there something else I should do?
turn off your 3ds,

power it on while holding Select

enable "Show NAND or user string in System Settings"

then press Start to save settings and reboot, then look again

Reactions: ChaneyTheGoat

meganerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive downloaded luma Nightly and it doesn't work for me plz help!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

my luma wont update.

ChefTastyTreats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did you put on your SD card: boot.firm or just lumav9.1.7z? If you put the boot.firm from the 7z on there, hold select while turning on your 3DS and tell us what your current Luma version is.

I have a n3ds and follishly updated firmware and now I have the firm patch on boot.

How can i get the latest luma onto my n3ds if i cant access the micro sd card wireless management because i cant access the sytem settings

rorschach86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok. So I am confused. I added the most recent boot.firm to the root of my sdcard but now the #ds wont boot at all. When I press power the blue light flashes once and it doesn't start up. If I pull out the SD card then I get the same error of "An error has ocurred: Failed to apply 1 Firm patch(es). Press any button to shutdown" Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. So I am confused. I added the most recent boot.firm to the root of my sdcard but now the #ds wont boot at all. When I press power the blue light flashes once and it doesn't start up. If I pull out the SD card then I get the same error of "An error has ocurred: Failed to apply 1 Firm patch(es). Press any button to shutdown" Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your problem is two folds.

1. Your 3DS can't read your SD card -or- it can't find the boot.firm (Luma3DS v9.1) on the root of that card.

2. Your custom firmware on your CTRNAND isn't up-to-date. You have a separate copy of your CFW on your 3DS when the SD card isn't used.

Please check these threads in regards to updating your CFW to Luma3DS v9.1, GodMode9 v1.7.1, and boot9strap v1.3.
For a condensed, combined guide of the above two:

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

rorschach86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so using the condensed guide, I followed steps 1-5. I then reinserted SD card and booted while holding start. Same issue. Blue light flashes. Doesn't start up...

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so using the condensed guide, I followed steps 1-5. I then reinserted SD card and booted while holding start. Same issue. Blue light flashes. Doesn't start up...

Try reinserting the card and rebooting several times. That 3DS SD slot reader can be finicky.

If that doesn't work, try a different SD card with a test setup. Make sure the card is formatted FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size.

If the 3DS is not able to read that 2nd card, the SD slot reader is going bad or needs to be replaced.

If that 2nd card can be read but not the original card, there's something wrong with that first card instead.

Sky2140694

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a day and update it and ran into this problem can someone please explain a little more how to replace the version of luma I understand I need to down load it and put it on the SD card but can someone please explain the process of getting it on the SD card

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone please explain the process of getting it on the SD card
Go to the download page for Luma, download the latest one (the .7z, not the .zip or .tar.gz!), unzip it with 7-Zip, and place the boot.firm on the root of the SD card (not in any folders). Don't do anything with the exception dump parser folder, it's not needed for the average user.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

I_zzzzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This worked for me too, thanks!
My kid apparently installed an update. I got it working and let him know not to do that in the future.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't know how crucial this is, but it says to do this on the luma configuration menu.

Use the (A) button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
  • “Show NAND or user string in System Settings”
Hey Guys,

I just updated and copied the new boot.firm across but didnt see this bit and didnt select the show NAND or user string in system settings bit. Is this an issue?
Also, Homebrew isnt launching via download play after doing this. Do i need to update something else for this to launch again? (Super noob here, No idea what im doing lol just want to be able to use FBI to install new CIA's onto my 3DS now freeshop is dead)

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just updated and copied the new boot.firm across but didnt see this bit and didnt select the show NAND or user string in system settings bit. Is this an issue?
You just overlooked the answer to the post you quoted. This is not an issue, only "cosmetic". And: If you want to set the option, hold the Select-button while booting to access the Luma settings.
Also, Homebrew isnt launching via download play after doing this. Do i need to update something else for this to launch again?
Do you mean "Switch the hb. title to the current app" in Rosalina menu? It should work (just tested it). Download the latest Homebrew menu (again) and place boot.3dsx in the root of you SD-card.
https://github.com/fincs/new-hbmenu/releases/tag/v2.0.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: no I dont torrent