Hacking Update 11.8 - Failed to Apply 1 Firm patch(es)

I_zzzzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You just overlooked the answer to the post you quoted. This is not an issue, only "cosmetic". And: If you want to set the option, hold the Select-button while booting to access the Luma settings.

Do you mean "Switch the hb. title to the current app" in Rosalina menu? It should work (just tested it). Download the latest Homebrew menu (again) and place boot.3dsx in the root of you SD-card.
https://github.com/fincs/new-hbmenu/releases/tag/v2.0.0
Thanks so much for the first question, I thought so but wasnt sure.

I tried the "Switch the hb. title to the current app" but it says operation fail (no suitable process found) ?

I_zzzzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks so much for the first question, I thought so but wasnt sure.

I tried the "Switch the hb. title to the current app" but it says operation fail (no suitable process found) ?
Never mind! Figured it out, I has to go into download play then press home so it semi went back out and then to the link, Thanks again!

Robified

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait for a new release of Luma. When it comes out, replace the boot.firm on your SD card with the new Luma’s boot.firm.

If you copied boot.firm to CTRNAND, which is one of the steps on the 3ds.guide installation guide, you’ll need to also do that again, or you’ll get the same error if you try to boot without an SD card.

Thank you! <3

Mozenrath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Had the same error after updating to 11.8 (New 3DS XL with Luma+B9S).

Downloaded the latest Luma archive, extracted boot.firm and put it in the root of SD card (there was already an old boot.firm; so, just replaced it with a new one). After powering on, the console itself booted into settings (without holding any additional buttons) where I selected "show user string etc."; saved the settings and after rebooting it works fine.

Thanks everyone for your input in this thread! :nds:

Last edited by Mozenrath,

Negatronic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm an idiot and updated as well, but now I've lost my SD card. Am I doubly screwed?

I don't want to give you the impression that I know what I'm talking about, but did you try booting in recovery mode? What do you mean you lost your SD? Like the whole thing? You system still boot up without it?

Atomic_Poetry_Punk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am struggling here.

trying to update Luma since the system update is giving me the failed to install 1 firm patch error

people are saying to replace the boot.firm file with the new one, but I don't see a boot.firm file in my sd card in the first place.

I haven't been into hacking this guy in more than a year, I just play it a lot and now I can't and am not very savy anymore. I've no idea what version of Luma I'm currently running or how I would check that since I can't get past the boot screen, please help.

This is what the directory of my SD card looks like if that helps <3

Screenshot (37).png

Atomic_Poetry_Punk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have arm9loaderhax.bin
it mean you still use A9LH
you need to change it to B9S (the way to go nowadays)
you have arm9loaderhax.bin
it mean you still use A9LH
you need to change it to B9S (the way to go nowadays)

Thank you so much for such a quick reply!

Finally got it figured out! I'm so happy <3 I don't know what I'd do without my 3DS, I play it almost every day

Sasquatch001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've hit the same problem. Update 11.8 has left me with error "failed to apply 1 FIRM patch(es)."

It's been a long time since I messed with the 2ds so I'm a little lost.

Added the latest Luma.bin to root and now it boots, but no homebrew showing.

Can still boot into Godmode9 and have updated to v1.8.0
Luma v9. 1-bd15f51a

Is there an easy fix to get FBI back or am I best just starting afresh?

Thanks guys/gals.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've hit the same problem. Update 11.8 has left me with error "failed to apply 1 FIRM patch(es)."

Luma v9. 1-bd15f51a

Thanks guys/gals.
You need to extract the boot.firm to the sd root. not just the bin

Reactions: Sasquatch001

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Luma v9. 1-bd15f51a

Thanks guys/gals.
Make sure you are downloading the release not the source code, and extract it as the above reply says

Reactions: Sasquatch001

Failed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Need to update but system give me error unable to update. I installed ctrtranfer 11.5 europe. In godmod9 info it says region japan how can that be is thet the reasoni can t update

peggymant

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I have the same problem as the first comment;

"An error has ocurred: Failed to apply 1 Firm patch(es). Press any button to shutdown"
I have no experience in doing this sot of thing, as I bought this DS off kijiji and have no way of contacting its previous owner. Would someone be able to walk me through the process on how to actually download luma onto the root of my sd card. I don't even know what that means, sorry. I dont want it to hurt my computer in the process either, if that would be a problem.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hi, I have the same problem as the first comment;

"An error has ocurred: Failed to apply 1 Firm patch(es). Press any button to shutdown"
I have no experience in doing this sot of thing, as I bought this DS off kijiji and have no way of contacting its previous owner. Would someone be able to walk me through the process on how to actually download luma onto the root of my sd card. I don't even know what that means, sorry. I dont want it to hurt my computer in the process either, if that would be a problem.
Download this file on your PC.
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/download/v10.0.1/Luma3DSv10.0.1.zip
Unzip it and place the file inside it called "boot.firm" on your 3ds's sd card.
"Root" of sd card refers to the first window that pops up when you put your sd card into the PC.
If you see a folder called "Nintendo 3DS" in the window, you know you're at the root (don't put the boot.firm file inside that Nintendo folder though -- beside it is what you want).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1