New 3ds xl failed to apply 1 firm patch

lunar6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello i recently got a new 3ds xl from my sister and i didnt think to check if it had custom firmware on it before updating it. I am now getting the message failed to apply 1 firm patch. The micro sd card did have luma 3ds on it but i deleted everything on it and was going to try and patch it again luma boot.firm file but i stopped before i messed it up any further. May i please have help fixing this new 3ds xl?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How long has it been since I saw the last of these threads?

Start here with a FAT32 formatted and checken (h2testw or F3) SD card.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/restoring-updating-cfw

If there are any further problems or questions, just ask again.

Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: lunar6 and CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello i recently got a new 3ds xl from my sister and i didnt think to check if it had custom firmware on it before updating it. I am now getting the message failed to apply 1 firm patch. The micro sd card did have luma 3ds on it but i deleted everything on it and was going to try and patch it again luma boot.firm file but i stopped before i messed it up any further. May i please have help fixing this new 3ds xl?
I assume it gave you that error when you tried to boot the system without the sd card in?
You're on the latest firmware, right (v11.16. 0)?
Just copy the two (latest) Luma3DS files and paste them on the root of the sdcard.
Follow this guide too to get the other homebrew applications like Homebrew Launcher, FBI etc. Since you deleted everything..

lunar6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually skipped "section II - updating the system" because i was scared after bricking it with that old cfw on it am i actually safe to update even with the current version out right now?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually skipped "section II - updating the system" because i was scared after bricking it with that old cfw on it am i actually safe to update even with the current version out right now?
Yes, just make sure to update Luma3DS to the latest version (v11.0) first before updating the firmware on the system. And you should have a nand backup from when you first installed cfw. If you somehow skipped that too, you can always make a new one.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

lunar6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I follow all the steps in the guides you linked me except for the one i mentioned so i should have the latest version installed of Luma3DS correct? "The latest version of Luma3DS has now been installed on your SD card and on internal memory"

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I follow all the steps in the guides you linked me except for the one i mentioned so i should have the latest version installed of Luma3DS correct? "The latest version of Luma3DS has now been installed on your SD card and on internal memory"
Yes. Now you can update the firmware on the system.
Btw, you can see the version of Luma thst you have by holding "select" on boot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Microsoft ruined it with kinect