Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, I need a way to GET INTO THE HOMEBREW LAUNCHER via 11.5

Somebody fucking help me dammit.
People here are not obligated to help you. If you ask like that, people will be less inclined to help. Anyway, the link earlier does help, but it essentially boils down to a few things. Keep in mind this does not allow for piracy or higher level things such as ntr cfw and input redirector. To get this, you need either:

1. copy of oot3d and a powersaves/ second modded 3ds
2. a pc running linux that can make a beacon
3. a freakyforms cartridge
4. a cubic ninja cartridge

None of these will work on o3ds, only n3ds!

If you want to actually pirate things though, and have full access to your console such as ntr cfw and input redirection, you need a full custom firmware. To get this, you need to either hardmod your 3ds or find another cfw 3ds and do a system transfer with a modified game. This works on n3ds and o3ds alike. These are your only options.

Last edited by Giodude,
Reactions: Quantumcat

MistahMoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if it's already been mentioned and I missed it. So does OOT3D/Powersaves still work? Because I'm currently trying to do that, but there are no matching payloads for 11.5 for oothax. Downloading a ropbin payload according to my system doesn't seem to work either. I'm on N3DS.

Apologies if it seems like a newb question, because it is. I'm still new to the homebrew stuff.

NicknameGoesHere

RIP my sanity: 2018-2018
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if it's already been mentioned and I missed it. So does OOT3D/Powersaves still work? Because I'm currently trying to do that, but there are no matching payloads for 11.5 for oothax. Downloading a ropbin payload according to my system doesn't seem to work either. I'm on N3DS.

Apologies if it seems like a newb question, because it is. I'm still new to the homebrew stuff.
I am not very sure if it works myself, as I am also pretty new, but have you tried using an otherapp payload?

Alex4U

i like pancakes
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
NTR: Works
Sadly, in 11.5 with NTRBoot, for some STRANGE reason, removes Backlight option.
DAMN i just updated for using the DAMN POKÉBANK.
Also, BrowserHax is still patched.
SuperMysteryChunxHax, SmashHax, StickerHax, and OOT3Dhax should work, just needs a new payload i guess.
but i have a NAND backup of 11.4, so... :rolleyes:
inb4 nand backup is corrupted and my fucking new 3ds gets beand and i fucking kill myself. welp.

MistahMoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not very sure if it works myself, as I am also pretty new, but have you tried using an otherapp payload?

I didn't but I did just try it right now, and still no luck. I'm using powersaves with it, and it won't allow me to restore the payload back into OOT because after I rename my backup OOT save with the payload bin file, powersaves doesn't seem to save it even though it's in the folder so it just gives me a 'No local content available' message. Don't know if I made sense there. I've seen people saying OOT should work but I haven't got a clue on how to do it.

NicknameGoesHere

RIP my sanity: 2018-2018
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't but I did just try it right now, and still no luck. I'm using powersaves with it, and it won't allow me to restore the payload back into OOT because after I rename my backup OOT save with the payload bin file, powersaves doesn't seem to save it even though it's in the folder so it just gives me a 'No local content available' message. Don't know if I made sense there. I've seen people saying OOT should work but I haven't got a clue on how to do it.
So you switched the names of the OOThax save and the backup?

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, I need a way to GET INTO THE HOMEBREW LAUNCHER via 11.5

Somebody fucking help me dammit.

By chance do you have an older NAND Backup of your 3DS you might be able to downgrade.
Of course, you need A9LH or Boot9Strap but if you do have an older one you could downgrade your console to anything below 11.5, if at the time you were on 11.4, 11.3, 11.2, etc...

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what we do best at N.M.E.
People here are not obligated to help you. If you ask like that, people will be less inclined to help. Anyway, the link earlier does help, but it essentially boils down to a few things. Keep in mind this does not allow for piracy or higher level things such as ntr cfw and input redirector. To get this, you need either:

1. copy of oot3d and a powersaves/ second modded 3ds
2. a pc running linux that can make a beacon
3. a freakyforms cartridge
4. a cubic ninja cartridge

None of these will work on o3ds, only n3ds!

If you want to actually pirate things though, and have full access to your console such as ntr cfw and input redirection, you need a full custom firmware. To get this, you need to either hardmod your 3ds or find another cfw 3ds and do a system transfer with a modified game. This works on n3ds and o3ds alike. These are your only options.
@SapphireBulletBill your whineing is driving us nuts. You can cry all you want but your not going to get the answer you want, the time people spend on modding is all community based and people give up free time to communicate or develop projects.

In other words your being an arse. Please next time look up how to develop your own homebrew projects and figure out how to downgrade.

Tigeris tiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, sorry for a noob question or if it has been asked before. If you where able to get into HBL on 11.5, would you be able to install CFW via that? I tried the system transfer which failed due to the DSiware not transferring properly. So I have to wait a week on that x.x

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So, sorry for a noob question or if it has been asked before. If you where able to get into HBL on 11.5, would you be able to install CFW via that? I tried the system transfer which failed due to the DSiware not transferring properly. So I have to wait a week on that x.x
No, because arm9 access from homebrew on 11.4 and 11.5 is patched. DSiWare has access to the NAND which is why it can be used to install CFW.

You don't have to wait a week. Just restore the pre-transfer NAND backup on the source, then move the DSiWare to SD card and move it to system on the target. As long as the system transfer went through this will work.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, no arm11 or arm9 kernel atm.

Reactions: Tigeris tiger

Tigeris tiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, because arm9 access from homebrew on 11.4 and 11.5 is patched. DSiWare has access to the NAND which is why it can be used to install CFW.

You don't have to wait a week. Just restore the pre-transfer NAND backup on the source, then move the DSiWare to SD card and move it to system on the target. As long as the system transfer went through this will work.

Well crud. Thanks though! Sadly I did a format not thinking about this. It's all good though. Thank you for the info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since