Homebrew Update 11.3 and homebrew

Rosei

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Stupid thing updated without asking me for permission, now I'm no longer able to use the 3DS Sound in order to get to homebrew. Hope they'll bring out a new version to download soon.

Soulsilve2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Luma 6.6,Github not the hourly.I haven't even gotten a notice to update my 3ds.Just to be sure,its 100% okay to update?Wouldn't want a brick or something.I have quite a few nice tools on my homemenu and some games I got and I dont want to lose access them.And that goes for Hourglass and HBL as well.

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid thing updated without asking me for permission, now I'm no longer able to use the 3DS Sound in order to get to homebrew. Hope they'll bring out a new version to download soon.

The 3DS system will NEVER update without asking you specifically, and even then you have to accept 2 prompts. It will download the update, absolutely. But it will never apply them to the 3DS without asking you permssion, twice.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm using Luma 6.6,Github not the hourly.I haven't even gotten a notice to update my 3ds.Just to be sure,its 100% okay to update?Wouldn't want a brick or something.I have quite a few nice tools on my homemenu and some games I got and I dont want to lose access them.And that goes for Hourglass and HBL as well.

The system is fine to update, the only thing broken is the actual application "Homebrew Launcher" if you're on Luma+A9LH.

Soulsilve2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS system will NEVER update without asking you specifically, and even then you have to accept 2 prompts. It will download the update, absolutely. But it will never apply them to the 3DS without asking you permssion, twice.

The system is fine to update, the only thing broken is the actual application "Homebrew Launcher" if you're on Luma+A9LH.

Do you mean the CIA installed Homebrew Launcher I got on my home menu?

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crt-httpwn still lets me get online in monster hunter generations. I haven't reloaded it since jan 5th. I have not tried e-shop yet. my new3ds firmware is 10.3 with no hacks other then steelhax

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crt-httpwn still lets me get online in monster hunter generations. I haven't reloaded it since jan 5th. I have not tried e-shop yet. my new3ds firmware is 10.3 with no hacks other then steelhax

CTR-HTTPWN works fine on 11.2 as well, tested it on Pokemon Bank and it succeeded. Personally, I'd suggest updating when it's proven to be stable for HBL users.

PikaMasterJesi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pokebeach.com
XP
Country
Canada
Soundhax will still work when the payload gets released. I'm not sure when that's going to be released, but it's in the works.

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
so far everything seems fully functional minus hbl payloads. it seems this update is similar to the 4.2 wii update where it did nothing but target homebrew exploits. hopefully we wont have a 4.3 type update that tries to fix a9lh but bricks everyones system. :/

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so far everything seems fully functional minus hbl payloads. it seems this update is similar to the 4.2 wii update where it did nothing but target homebrew exploits. hopefully we wont have a 4.3 type update that tries to fix a9lh but bricks everyones system. :/

Yeah its just damage control at this point. My wii is still on 3.2U which is the wiiware onlone only update. it was never on a disc. It was quickly replaced by that 3.3 update that caused some bricks

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Just downgrading, back up and restore still work.
Since Homemenu now require lastest NFIRM, which make Hardmod Downgrade or DSiware Downgrade which only downgrade NFIRM useless.
Because the home menu won't boot after Downgraded.
so does this mean that restoring
Yeah its just damage control at this point. My wii is still on 3.2U which is the wiiware onlone only update. it was never on a disc. It was quickly replaced by that 3.3 update that caused some bricks
ever notice simiilarities? 4.1 wii update is basically the 9.2 update for 3ds where everything was pretty muched added feature wise and all updates after were just homebrew blockers. and 4.2 with the 11.3 update specifically setup to block homebrew and nothing less... hopefully its coincidence and we dont get an 4.3 type update. hopefully

Soulsilve2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good thing I backed up my older firmwares.Its true that HBL payload doesn't work on 11.3.But since Hourglass isnt' affected I can just load 11.2 back if I need to get in the HBL before someone fixs it.

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Good thing I backed up my older firmwares.Its true that HBL payload doesn't work on 11.3.But since Hourglass isnt' affected I can just load 11.2 back if I need to get in the HBL before someone fixs it.
yes. an hourglass9 runs as an arm9 payload so it shouldnt be affected unless arm9 changes somehow

essentially each time an home menu exploit gets patched a new payload is needed (i think some firmwares were 9.2 10.7 (or .3?) 11.1 11.3 were some homemenu patches i can remember

Last edited by MarioMasta64,
Reactions: Soulsilve2010

Manuel0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
when I perform a NAND backup should I choose the minimal backup? What's the difference to the normal backup? What part of the NAND doesn't get backed up and why don't I need that part?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: though my mom has documents here on my pc