Homebrew Update 11.3 and homebrew

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using NTR, if i update will i have to make something for it to continue working?

NTR is an overlay program that runs on top of a CFW, despite having "CFW" in the name it's not actually a CFW. Hold X to update it while launching the Selector, the only change from 2.4 is it will support any firmware previously supported, as well as 11.3 now. It should be a "set it and forget it" kind of thing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just a question for a friend of mine

Is an EmuNAND with only Luma safe?

What do you mean by "EmuNAND with only Luma"? Most people don't use EmuNAND anymore, and more importantly...You removed the A9LH? If so, I suggest you un-do that as soon as possible. But um...once you do that, you're good to go. The only thing is the Homebrew Launcher isn't working as of now, just keep an eye on smea's twitter, he'll let you know when it's out. Everything else should be fine.

Last edited by drsalvador555,

Stecker8

Plug
Trophies
Website
www.kernelhack10.3.com
XP
Country
I put a :( next to all the recently patched things

Exploits:

Ninjhax: Needs Payload

Freakyhax: Needs Payload

Soundhax: Needs Payload

BASICsploit: Still Patched

Basehax: Needs Payload

OOThax: Needs Payload

Ironhax: Still Patched

Smashhax: Needs Payload

Vhax: ?

SuperMysteryChunkhax: ?

Humblehax: ?

Steelhax: ?

Stickerhax: ?

Browserhax: ?

Menuhax: Patched :(

Safehax: ?

Fasthax: Patched :(

Memchunkhax2: Still patched

SVChax/Memchunkhax2.5: Still patched

Tubehax: Still patched

emuNANDs:

RXtools: Patched :( (Not that anyone cares)

Reinand: ?

Luma3DS: Works

CakeFW: ?

Corbenik: ?

GW: Patched :( (Not that anyone cares)

A9LH: Works

Other Stuff:

HBL Loader CIA: Needs payload

NTR: Needs payload

DSI Downgrade: Patched:(
Was Rxtools working with fasthax in 11.2?

Saternoir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean by "EmuNAND with only Luma"? Most people don't use EmuNAND anymore, and more importantly...You removed the A9LH? If so, I suggest you un-do that as soon as possible. But um...once you do that, you're good to go. The only thing is the Homebrew Launcher isn't working as of now, just keep an eye on smea's twitter, he'll let you know when it's out. Everything else should be fine.
seems like he just changed from rxtools to luma using a tutorial here, he did not install a9lh at all so he keeps the emunand and it is launched via luma or something like this

Guipradi

Trophies
XP
Country
seems like he just changed from rxtools to luma using a tutorial here, he did not install a9lh at all so he keeps the emunand and it is launched via luma or something like this

Yeah, I wanna know too if you can update EMUNAND to 11.3 with Luma, some of my friends haven't updated to A9LH yet.

Nights51188

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey folks long time fan of GBAtemp just now creating an account. Recently I took the plunge and installed CFW on my 3DS I am on ver. 11.2.0-35E and I've been reading over this post and was wondering because I'm not sure from what I've read am I able to do the system update and not worry about my system bricking or losing the cfw I have luma, a9lh and hblauncherloader if that helps thanks to anyone who can answer and sorry for my noobness lol

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I put a :( next to all the recently patched things

Exploits:

Ninjhax: Needs Payload

Freakyhax: Needs Payload

Soundhax: Needs Payload

BASICsploit: Still Patched

Basehax: Needs Payload

OOThax: Needs Payload

Ironhax: Still Patched

Smashhax: Needs Payload

Vhax: ?

SuperMysteryChunkhax: ?

Humblehax: ?

Steelhax: ?

Stickerhax: ?

Browserhax: ?

Menuhax: Patched :(

Safehax: ?

Fasthax: Patched :(

Memchunkhax2: Still patched

SVChax/Memchunkhax2.5: Still patched

Tubehax: Still patched

emuNANDs:

RXtools: Patched :( (Not that anyone cares)

Reinand: ?

Luma3DS: Works

CakeFW: ?

Corbenik: ?

GW: Patched :( (Not that anyone cares)

A9LH: Works

Other Stuff:

HBL Loader CIA: Needs payload

NTR: Needs payload

DSI Downgrade: Patched:(

safefirmhax is patched, but you need to add gspwn to the list, i think, i's really important

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like reading yls8 twitter and smealum's twitter HBL may be Dead for O3DS users. but a working 11.2/11.1 payload for N3DS users if they patch something.
https://twitter.com/smealum/status/828864594730905600
0ZxRu4y.png

https://twitter.com/ylws8/status/828979813792759808
VnBAhrV.png

Last edited by Dracari,

szymon170

Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i'd actually be surprised if someone goes to the trouble of patching rxtools to work even if its a half assed one, stubborn rxtool users will be that far stubborn :/
"If it works u shudn't fix that !!1!1`1!11!~!"
... and now they can't even say that
I think that there are going to be many threads like "How to get rxTools to work on 11.3 pls help me!1!!!!", so much spam, and if you will tell them to switch to Luma they're going to say "nope because I like rxTools better because I know how to use it and you shouldn't fix what ain't broke".

EDIT:
Oh yeah, and threads like "I've updated to 11.3 and now my emuNAND isn't working pls help I don't want to switch".

Reactions: NexoCube

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that there are going to be many threads like "How to get rxTools to work on 11.3 pls help me!1!!!!", so much spam, and if you will tell them to switch to Luma they're going to say "nope because I like rxTools better because I know how to use it and you shouldn't fix what ain't broke".

EDIT:
Oh yeah, and threads like "I've updated to 11.3 and now my emuNAND isn't working pls help I don't want to switch".
a few creeped up allready in the CFW Section. looks like some are looking to the abandoned "WIP: YetAnotherRXTools" to be thier savior.

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy

EDIT:

Sorry for my ignorance but i jump on the hack scene only when luma was already the "standard" (i guess?) so what was the deal with rxTools? In compare to luma i mean.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sorry for my ignorance but i jump on the hack scene only when luma was already the "standard" (i guess?) so what was the deal with rxTools? In compare to luma i mean.

It's a really old CFW that's no longer maintained*, and fell to the way-side once Luma began to incorporate most of the features it had and more, as for the "Tools" part, Decrypt9WIP and EmuNAND9 do everything the Tools part of RxTools used to do, but better, and with even more functionality. RxTools is mostly only of interest for historical purposes now.

*it has a fork with someone trying to update it, but progress is very slow.

Reactions: Gray_Jack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game