Homebrew Update 10.5!!!

shadowharold

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
There are some bans for cias, a guy from a spanish site, was playing smash and got banned search elotrolado on 3ds scene and you will see.

Chuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for emunand 10.5, does opening the eshop actually delete dlc and updates from cia games installed using fbi?

Eskuero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for emunand 10.5, does opening the eshop actually delete dlc and updates from cia games installed using fbi?
I actually made some custom themes from scratch and I installed them with devmenu. When you enter the eShop with them installed it trigger that you actually never bought anything like that and automatically disables it. I can still see the title from devmenu, but they no longer appear on the Theme Menu.
afaik this only happens with DLC titles, but I don't know if they going to use this to charge the banhammer.

P.D: Unistalling the DLC and installing it back again fixes it, but is ofc annoying as hell.

Osga21

Full Time Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Wow, Nintendo sure knows how to write changelogs, thank heavens they provide us with soooo much information on every update they do.

g8pjQAD.png

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Then we cant install any cias on emunad?
Im on 10.4 and I was able to downgrade my browser using a cia file.. I cant do it anymore if I update my emunand?

Last edited by QCLasky,

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Wow, Nintendo sure knows how to write changelogs, thank heavens they provide us with soooo much information on every update they do.

g8pjQAD.png
Note that the "System Security" was only improved on 9.9, not on any other version.
In any case, we're getting closer and closer to the ultimate user experience, we should be happy.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Then we cant install any cias on emunad?
Im on 10.4 and I was able to downgrade my browser using a cia file.. I cant do it anymore if I update my emunand?
If you update, the browser should be replaced with the new one.
However, you can downgrade the browser again just after updating without any problems.

Reactions: Deleted User

Osga21

Full Time Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Note that the "System Security" was only improved on 9.9, not on any other version.
In any case, we're getting closer and closer to the ultimate user experience, we should be happy.

I'm actually really curious if nintendo is actually implementing stuff or just trying to stop homebrew and cfw

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I'm actually really curious if nintendo is actually implementing stuff or just trying to stop homebrew and cfw
Well, I think we all know they're only trying to stop "unauthorized modification and / or use of the system software".
I mean, since the 9.0 update (which was released more one year ago iirc), the only changes we got (for the "basic user") were really small and theme related. On 9.2, theme shuffle, and on 9.5, saving the HOME menu layout. They didn't even try to add any other useless functionality ever since.

pofer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm worried about that ban thing that everyone is mentioning ; so has it been confirmed that's it's imposible to get banned cuz I'm using out of region cias ? I might just delete hyrule warriors if so hahah

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I'm worried about that ban thing that everyone is mentioning ; so has it been confirmed that's it's imposible to get banned cuz I'm using out of region cias ? I might just delete hyrule warriors if so hahah
You can be banned using out of region CIAs if you use them online.
If you use them without connecting to the DLC purchase or any kind of online, you will not be banned.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Ok... In my Homemenu is a legit cia installed...
When Im make the Update can I play the game or is it delete?
If this is a legit CIA, and you're talking about SysNAND, then yes, it will remain on your HOME menu, and you'll still be able to play it and do whatever you want with it (remember than a legit CIA is considered by the 3DS as a legit preinstalled game that came with your console!).
However, you will probably not be able to reinstall it if you delete it (not sure if you can redownload games installed as a legit CIA from the e-shop).

Last edited by Deleted member 370671,
Reactions: CrazyMaxx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    haddad @ haddad: anyone online can help me with my new 2ds xl please...