Homebrew Update 10.5!!!

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can be banned using out of region CIAs if you use them online.
If you use them without connecting to the DLC purchase or any kind of online, you will not be banned.
Does that apply even if you change the EULA to FF.FF, like any confirmed bans from playing out of region games online?

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No, you can't install CIAs anymore since 10.4.

Note that the "System Security" was only improved on 9.9, not on any other version.
In any case, we're getting closer and closer to the ultimate user experience, we should be happy.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you update, the browser should be replaced with the new one.
However, you can downgrade the browser again just after updating without any problems.

Erm... emuNAND, at least on rxTools, works properly no matter what firmware you have.

Then why he said that I cant install cias anymore? :\

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Hmm right... I just play on emunand using rxtools. I dont have to worry if I update, right?
If you're updating emuNAND, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. If you *really* want to be super safe you can even do an emuNAND backup with emuNAND9 Tool, but it is absolutely not necessary.

Reactions: Arubaro

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When there is a ban, what exactly is being banned from connecting online? The console itself because of the serial, IP address or what?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so if I were to purchase a used 3ds on eBay or somewhere, I wouldn't have to worry about it being blocked from online access due to the previous owner's banning right?
I think that is the way it works.
So if you buy a 3ds, unlink the "banned" nnid and link another one, shouldn't be any problem.
Although, I would want someone to confirm it.

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please clarify:

1 O3DS 9.2 sysnand running 10.3 rxtools emunand
1 N3DSXL 9.2 sysnand crtmanager with both cakes and reinand on 9.2 emunand

Each system uses a cia installer. Is it safe to update both emuNands?

Thanks

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks
I heard 10.5 works on o3ds rxtools.
You can back up your emunands with emunand9 just in case, so if something goes wrong, you could reinject your emunands

Reactions: Shadx

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Wut.
Is that something new that's going on following the 10.5 update...?

Nope, it has been like this forever afaik. Playing out of region CIAs online means you have a big chance to be banned.
Okay, so if I were to purchase a used 3ds on eBay or somewhere, I wouldn't have to worry about it being blocked from online access due to the previous owner's banning right?
I think that is the way it works.
So if you buy a 3ds, unlink the "banned" nnid and link another one, shouldn't be any problem.
Although, I would want someone to confirm it.
No. iirc, the banning is linked to the console itself, not the NNID. So, yeah, if the previous owner got banned, the ban will still be there after you unlink the NNID. Fortunately, bans are rarely permanent.
There is a thread that gives lot of info about the "banning system", I'll put a link to it if I find it.
EDIT : Here is an old thread, I remember seeing a more recent one but I can't find it right now. Well, it should already give you the info you need. https://gbatemp.net/threads/error-code-002-0102-have-i-been-banned.380654/

Thanks
Your O3DS will be fine.
For your N3DS, just make sure you use the latest ReiNAND / Cakes version, and it should be fine as well.

Last edited by Deleted member 370671,
Reactions: Shadx and Arubaro

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there, I got a black screen after updating to 10.5 on rxTools, to fix it, I deleted the home menu information, it's a folder that ends in 8f in the Nintendo 3DS folder, to be safe, do this: rename the emunand folder inside the Nintendo 3DS folder (the one with a long string of gibberish, I just added a dash in the front), then put your SD card back into the 3DS and boot up the emunand. It should work, and create home menu information. You'll notice it creates a new folder exactly the same name as the one you renamed, so look what was saved into it, delete that folder in your renamed emunand Nintendo 3DS folder, and then delete the new gibberish folder and rename the old folder back to its original name.

it will gift wrap your games all over again, and mess up the arrangement, but I didn't backup my emunand and doing the above was a lot better than redoing the whole thing again ~__~
Thanks! It worked!

Reactions: jagerstaffel

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, it has been like this forever afaik. Playing out of region CIAs online means you have a big chance to be banned.

The hell are you talking about, I've never seen anyone getting banned for that... Hell, I've been playing over 400 hours online in MH4U on my JP 3ds and loads of other online games from US/EU regions...

Reactions: popokakapetu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think