Gaming Upcoming Switch Games You're Looking Forward To

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a couple threads with a similar title, but they're from 2017, so I thought I'd make a new thread with this question. right now, I have shin megami tensei 3 nocturne, monster hunter stories 2, mario golf, and skyward sword preordered. I also plan to buy ys ix once an eshop page for it materializes. that and skyward sword are the two games I'm looking forward to the most. I loved ys viii (went through the whole game twice, which took at least 60 hours each time), and I never beat skyward sword on the wii. I got pretty far, but I lost interest at some point. that game has two of the most spectacular dungeons in a zelda imo, but they're both in the latter half of the game.

Reactions: tfocosta

SatsuJin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
At the top of my head: Pokemon Snap. ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT WOOOOO!!!

I'm also rly excited for the Ninja Turtle game and Cris tales. As much as I love Zelda, Skyward Sword is one of my least favorite games, I hated the story and it felt more like a shoujo manga than a Zelda story. I would be dying of excitement if it was Twilight Princess instead.

Reactions: godreborn

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly, I'm very disappointed by the switch, it's been sat around in the corner for ages. Any game worth playing on the switch I play on either the PC or PS5.

The lack of good exclusives is a massive issue for anyone whose grown out of shovelware.

BOTW2 is it for me, nothing else on the radar currently

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
From what is expected, I'm looking forward to the following games:
- TLoZ: Skyward Sword HD (Pre-ordered already).
- TLoZ: BOTW2 (no news about exact release date yet).
- TLoZ: OoT + MM HD (there's a rumor about a new release for the Switch that still needs to be confirmed).

On the other hand, I'd love to see a new game from the Metal Gear Solid series. Or maybe the remake of the Metal Gear Solid (previously released for PSX and few years later a remake on GameCube called "MGS: The Twin Snakes"). ^_^

DBZ: Kakarot is still missing on Switch. That doesn't make any sense to me, a huge Nintendo and Dragon Ball fan. Even if they had to change the graphics to make it work, as they've been doing with other games, it would be great to have a release for the Switch. I'm still hoping that this will happen in the near future. :)

Reactions: Milad and godreborn

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
I found a couple threads with a similar title, but they're from 2017, so I thought I'd make a new thread with this question. right now, I have shin megami tensei 3 nocturne, monster hunter stories 2, mario golf, and skyward sword preordered. I also plan to buy ys ix once an eshop page for it materializes. that and skyward sword are the two games I'm looking forward to the most. I loved ys viii (went through the whole game twice, which took at least 60 hours each time), and I never beat skyward sword on the wii. I got pretty far, but I lost interest at some point. that game has two of the most spectacular dungeons in a zelda imo, but they're both in the latter half of the game.

Which dungeons?

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
At the top of my head: Pokemon Snap. ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT WOOOOO!!!

I'm also rly excited for the Ninja Turtle game and Cris tales. As much as I love Zelda, Skyward Sword is one of my least favorite games, I hated the story and it felt more like a shoujo manga than a Zelda story. I would be dying of excitement if it was Twilight Princess instead.
Great.. passive game making pics of pokemon... waht you gonna do look at pics and think JEez. such a great game? Might aswel play a visual novel.

Reactions: ganons

RRuler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Shin Megami Tensei V - Definitely my most anticipated switch game, wouldn't have gotten a switch if this would not be coming up (Just got mine a couple days ago, there definitely are other titles I play or plan to play, but SMT V sold me).

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne - Never got to finish the PS2 version and its not that nice to play on an emulator imo, so looking forward to play this too. Although I desperately hope they fixed the FPS drops when this releases in English (Or that overclocking will get rid of it), else I think I might have to play this on my PC.

Zelda Breath Of The Wild 2 - I'm playing the first one right now, been looking forward to this but since I did not own a switch I wasn't able to play this till now. Awesome game so far, so looking forward to the second entry.

Zelda Skyward Sword HD - Will definitely play this too, never got to because I did not own a Nintendo console, but always liked Zelda games. A little worried though about the weird controls.

Zelda Ocarina of Time & Majoras Mask HD - Like someone mentioned here, I've heard rumours. If they are true this would be awesome. Never got to play Majoras Mask. Though I would much prefer if they did a Twilight Princess HD Remaster, as I never played this too and it looks awesome with the darker tone to it (Also this was never remade afaik, so I think it has a better chance to get a remaster).

Pokemon-Legends: Arceus - Have not played a Pokemon game for years, but this looks interesting and different. As far as I understood it its going to be more MMORPG like or something? Have not gotten much Info from the trailer so far, but definitely looks interesting, though its probably still far away from release.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the shin megami tensei series. I fell in love with persona 1 on the original playstation when it came out. it was a rental, but I bought the second one. I think there were two part 2's, but one was only released in Japan. I liked part 1 more though. I'm not sure how I feel about persona 3-5. shin megami tensei itself is good too with breeding demons and whatnot. I forgot which ones I've played. it's like legend of heroes where there are a few sub series of the overall series.

spoonm

Can count to 3.
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
There are quite a few games I purchased through the eShop that I have yet to go through, so I should finish at least a couple of those before I start making purchases. I'm more than willing to make concessions for The Legend of Zelda games, however. Here's what I'm excited for:
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2, which I have looked forward to since I finished the first game. I am definitely not alone in feeling like there was a little bit of emptiness in Breath of the Wild compared to entries such as A Link Between Worlds and even Link's Awakening, which received a nice looking remake. Not in the sense that there isn't enough content in the game, but it lacks some of what made the series appeal to me so much with its puzzles and themed dungeons.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, even though I played the original title on the Wii. I'm a sucker for The Legend of Zelda and will probably buy just anything Nintendo puts out for the series, bar the Warriors games.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Literally Anything, Nintendo, please!
  • Super Mario Odyssey sequel or whatever they decide to name their next mainline 3D platformer, assuming they're bringing it to the Nintendo Switch, or at least making it playable on the Switch as well should a more powerful model hit the market.
  • Earthblade, the next release from the team behind Celeste. I don't know much about it, but if its gameplay feels anything like that of their smash hit, as does the music, I'm sold.
  • Splatoon 3, which I hope is not just more of Splatoon 2. I'm getting it regardless, as playing the second game in the series made me deeply regret not giving it a chance on the Wii U, but here's hoping it's going to add something else on top of what's already in the game. I don't care for the single player campaign, unfortunately.
  • Super Lone Survivor, teased back at the end of October, 2020. I had the original game on the Vita, but I sold the handheld before I could finish it. It was described as "a remake, with a whole new scenario," which I'm hoping means it's a true remake with added content instead of a sequel altogether, though the latter wouldn't go unappreciated.
  • OXENFREE II: Lost Signals, shown in the latest Indie World Showcase. It was what reminded me of Lone Survivor to begin with, and it's made me want to look into the first game as well.
That's about it for now. I'm waiting for more details on Aztech: Forgotten Gods, which looks promising, but needs more polish to impress me.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon-Legends: Arceus - Have not played a Pokemon game for years, but this looks interesting and different. As far as I understood it its going to be more MMORPG like or something? Have not gotten much Info from the trailer so far, but definitely looks interesting, though its probably still far away from release.

I recommend you play Pokémon Lets' go and then Play SW/SH. If you are feeling nostalgic play let's go first then play SW/SH I liked both the games in their own way but let's go gives you more of an adventure. SW/SH is a bit rushed.

@godreborn
Do you have to play the shin megami games in order? I have all of them on PS2 but idk if you have to play them in order

Last edited by Goku1992A,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend you play Pokémon Lets' go and then Play SW/SH. If you are feeling nostalgic play let's go first then play SW/SH I liked both the games in their own way but let's go gives you more of an adventure. SW/SH is a bit rushed.

@godreborn
Do you have to play the shin megami games in order? I have all of them on PS2 but idk if you have to play them in order

afaik, they're all stand alone. I haven't played all of them.

Rafciu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
  • Pokemon Brillant diamond, - As i never had chance to play it on DS.
  • Project triangle strategy - Im huge fan of tactical rpgs, nothing can beat FE but game itself looks like love letter to FF tactics
  • Rise of the Slime - Slay the spire clone
  • Oddworld Collection
  • Ninja Gaiden: Master collection - Sadly no physical version in my region so another expensive import for me...
  • Mario Golf
  • Disgea 6
  • Ys IX: Monstrum Nox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.