Untitled Goose Game's publisher is making a gaming handheld that has a crank on the side

wuCBV4U.png

Publisher Panic Inc. is jumping into the gaming hardware market with a new, quirky invention. Panic is known for being a mobile app developer, though they have had prior experience with the gaming industry through publishing 2016's hit indie game Firewatch, and are currently in the process of publishing the wildly odd Untitled Goose Game. Now, the company feels it's the perfect time to get into the hardware market by creating the Playdate, a small handheld gaming device. It bears a striking yellow shell and features a traditional layout of a D-pad and two face buttons. The screen is a 400x240 LCD, which Panic boasts as being "extremely sharp and clear", and outputs only in black and white.

What stands out the most about the Playdate is that there is a crank on the right side of the system. This oddity will be used as an analog input for games that "will put a whole new spin on games", as quipped by Panic. Launching in early 2020, the Playdate will cost $149, and will be in short supply. Twelve games are planned for launch, with Keita Takahashi (Katamari Damacy), Shaun Inman (The Last Rocket), and Bennet Foddy (QWOP, Getting Over It with Bennet Foddy) slated to be some of the developers working on titles for the system.

If anything, the Playdate is certainly a unique product. More information will be coming in the future, so if you're interested in the weird little yellow handheld gaming device that has a crank on the side, be sure keep an eye out for further updates.

:arrow: Source

AikoT_T

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better crank it, Soulja might end up in federal prison in a hurry if he keeps up his Soulja Boy console jig. :lol:

lel.

But his consoles only "look" like the real thing, i believe all his shite runs on Android, or some form of it.
So i believe he wont get any patent infringements, although i may be wrong...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
lel.

But his consoles only "look" like the real thing, i believe all his shite runs on Android, or some form of it.
So i believe he wont get any patent infringements, although i may be wrong...
He's just drop shipping consoles-on-a-chip from China, you can get all of his stuff on Ali or even Amazon for the fraction of the price. Those things never even saw Android through a window. :P

Reactions: AikoT_T

AikoT_T

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's just drop shipping consoles-on-a-chip from China, you can get all of his stuff on Ali or even Amazon for the fraction of the price. Those things never even saw Android through a window. :P

Top kek.

but "muh hustles"

Yeah, i didn't do any research on him, i just went to his website, and maybe watched 1 or 2 videos on YouTube of "unboxing/reviews".

Back-to-topic,
This crank game might actually be useful or "fun" in certain games if it could connect in someway to current consoles.
(usb/bluetooth/some proprietary cable)
And maybe if it had a color OLED and they fixed that damn screen tearing...

Of course, this would raise the already redonkulous price of 15,000 pennies, and at that point, it would definitely flop worse than a Magikarp on crack.

I do find this interesting, actually, but I think it's lacking.

My opinion.

Extremely relative.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 4th wife