Hacking "Unplug the Extension Controller connected to this Wii Remote&quo

Pariah69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all... I receive the error mentioned in the topic title when I'm about to begin a Wii Sports game (golf, bowling, etc). Nothing is connected to the extension plug. I can go no futher, regardless of what I connect or disconnect, or reset or power off...

First time I encountered this problem was immediately after running Super Mario 64, using a standard gamecube controller directly connected to the Wii port. I'm running D2Pro and 3.3U.

Thanks in advance for any assist.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
best guess make sure nothing is connected to any of the gamecube slots and remove any memory cards. reboot the wii with nothing connected and try again. Also would help to know if this is a backup or original if the aforementioned doesnt work

Pariah69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
digitydogs said:
best guess make sure nothing is connected to any of the gamecube slots and remove any memory cards. reboot the wii with nothing connected and try again. Also would help to know if this is a backup or original if the aforementioned doesnt work
Cold rebooting with gamecube and memory card slots empty does not eliminate the error.

Wii Sports is the original disc.

Pariah69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One more data point.

I can get Boxing to work correctly, by disconnecting/reconnecting the Nunchuk when prompted. Also, games requiring Nunchuk like Super Mario Galaxy seem to be OK.

However, going back to any Wii Sports game that uses the single Wiimote, I get the error and cannot proceed.

I get very few hits on the term "Extension Controller" anywhere. What does my Wii think is attached?

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you have a specific WiiMote that is malfunctioning. Try with another and see if you get the same result. If it is only that one WiiMote look in the WiiMote socket and see if any contacts are bent or shorted by something in there. You've probably just knocked the socket while the nunchuk was attached and broken it a bit internally so the WiiMote still registers something as connected and also registers the nunchuk correctly when it's attached.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: just look it up