Hacking Emulation Homebrew ROM Hack GCN Homebrew app Homebrew game GameCube Controller doesn’t work on Wii nintendont

Nostalgia2001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hacked my wii with wii games and GameCube games. They run good but some controls don’t work on my GameCube games with my original NGC controller. I have the controller connected to the wii port and I’m using Nintendont. In Mario Sunshine, my R button doesn’t work to shoot water and in Wind Waker, Link can’t move forward or backwards. Help plz

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the gamecube controller is connected to the wii port? as in the gamecube controller port on the system itself? or the wiimote controller port through an adapter.

This page has lots of info on nintendont: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/#Controllers

if on the console itself. You could try turning on
Native Controllers

The Native controller option is a user setting that you need to enable to tell Nintendont to use the real gamecube ports hardware and Nintendo's official functions to access the gamepad's data instead of emulating it.
It works only on Wii with the Gamecube ports.

if it's an adapter to wii remote... I don't know.

Also 3rd party gamecube or fake gamecube controllers could be problematic in general.

Reactions: Nostalgia2001

Nostalgia2001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The controller is connected to the console itself and it is an official gc controller. I will check out the page and try the native controller option.
Post automatically merged:

Still didn’t work. I’m thinking maybe I downloaded the wrong type of GameCube Rom? I have them as iso should I try a different one?

Last edited by Nostalgia2001,

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nvm you already tried native controls. Maybe you have the wrong iso file, Sunshine works great on my Wii with 16:9 patch and 60fps.

I'm still looking at a Mario 64 port for Wii though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1