Unpatched Switch Not Going Into Recovery Mode

Ultraxfo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using my other account so it’s not on my main. I just got an unpatched switch. I checked and the site said XAW70015526574 works. I have my rcm jig all the way in for the right joycon. I followed the guide. I have the right files on the microsd card. I have the injector software installed. Driver is installed. But no matter what I do it always boots normally to nintendo. it’s connected to my pc usb A to C. Edit: Ive tried 3 different cords, 4 usb ports, two different sd cards both formatted correctly, used two different computers, downloaded the pc driver manually on each pc, downloaded the proper software. Everytime the logo pops up. I dont think my jig is bad that is the only thing I have not changed though. I appreciate all the help. Heres an image of it

MrVtR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
RCM mode (Vol+ and Power) depends only on the jig, it doesn't depend on computer, sd files nor usb cable
I usually do this: Jig combination(Vol+ and Power) and to make sure it's in RCM mode I press Power once, if the switch doesn't boot it's in RCM mode, if it boots up it's not

If it boots up, or you have a faulty jig or you didn't make the combination of Vol+ and Power in the correct way

Ultraxfo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RCM mode (Vol+ and Power) depends only on the jig, it doesn't depend on computer, sd files nor usb cable
I usually do this: Jig combination(Vol+ and Power) and to make sure it's in RCM mode I press Power once, if the switch doesn't boot it's in RCM mode, if it boots up it's not

If it boots up, or you have a faulty jig or you didn't make the combination of Vol+ and Power in the correct way
It doesn’t boot up at all. That’s the problem. Nothing gets it to do a black screen. It’s always the logo

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It doesn’t boot up at all. That’s the problem. Nothing gets it to do a black screen. It’s always the logo

If you have a multimeter you could check the jig for continuity.

Stupid question, you said you just got it, does the vol+ button work normally when booted up?

halfashark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can you check if the serial number is the same in the system settings.

also if the switch was ever sent to nintendo to be repaired or refurbished, y'know, yeah.

Ultraxfo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you check if the serial number is the same in the system settings.

also if the switch was ever sent to nintendo to be repaired or refurbished, y'know, yeah.
I have not checked the inside serial number I’ll have to check it but I believe it was the same
Post automatically merged:

If you have a multimeter you could check the jig for continuity.

Stupid question, you said you just got it, does the vol+ button work normally when booted up?
Yeah it work. The boot up is always just a standard switch boot up. Nothing different or special.

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have not checked the inside serial number I’ll have to check it but I believe it was the same
Post automatically merged:

Yeah it work. The boot up is always just a standard switch boot up. Nothing different or special.

No sorry, I mean when the switch is fully booted, the vol+ button actually works and turns the volume up ?

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you get round to checking the serial reported in the settings app matches the sticker on the console?
Three people have now asked this question and OP has avoided the answer.

I think it’s patched. Victim of a refurb case swap or malicious intent, but either way it’s patched.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think it’s patched. Victim of a refurb case swap or malicious intent, but either way it’s patched.

That is a good question, if the serial number of the motherboard and the one on the case doesn't match, then the board got swapped.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a good question, if the serial number of the motherboard and the one on the case doesn't match, then the board got swapped.
I had it happen to me. I purchased two Switches from eBay. Both were listed as being in the "unpatched" range of serial numbers and were confirmed by photos of the serial numbers on the stickers on the outside. One was actually unpatched, the other was a refurb case swap from an unpatched case with a patched motherboard. Serial numbers did not match. I do not think it was intentional by the eBay seller. I think they were simply reselling an item they never booted to verify.

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I did have to read the thread again to check OP hadn't already answered that, thought I'd give a little nudge to check again in case by some fluke they had missed the question.

Only other thing that hasn't been ruled out is the jig but its about as low-tech as you get, its most likely not going to be broken.

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You don't need to change SD, PC,, USB etc you don't need any of this to enter to rcm you need it to send the payload. Check if the vol+ works in HOS and if the joycon is recognied attached (to discard a problem with the rail)

It doesn't matter, patched switches can enter to rcm too.

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It doesn't matter, patched switches can enter to rcm too.

Out of interest is that true for all patched switches? I've never been able to find a definitive answer.

There's lots of posts on various sites referencing patched switches being in rcm mode for one reason or another, but then there seems to be lots of people that say patches switches cannot enter rcm.

alivingpeanut

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Out of interest is that true for all patched switches? I've never been able to find a definitive answer.

There's lots of posts on various sites referencing patched switches being in rcm mode for one reason or another, but then there seems to be lots of people that say patches switches cannot enter rcm.
any switch can enter rcm, it's an intentional feature

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy