Hacking Unofficial DSTT Kernel V1.17a01

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, still a black screen freeze I'm afraid. If R4 users wish to play this game at this moment in time they'll have to use the unofficial v1.22 firmware. Thanks anyway.
smile.gif

supercarte

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
harroxelas said:
Tested on R4DS with YSMenu0903270000.zip (latest), made the manual way (not r4ysauto).
Star Wars The Clone Wars: Jedi Alliance (US) - does not work
Star Wars The Clone Wars: Jedi Alliance (EU) - does not work
Me too (YSmenu made manually also).

But works fine on DSone & DSTT.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought i'd say that I'm really gratefull too for this update and hope the thx from this thread make it over to who-ever done this, and of course thx to the head poster for letting us know.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Remember guys, Yasu didn't want his YSMenu to be pre-build and offered, it's easy to make your own, we have guides and FAQ's on that..GBAtemp respects his wishes, and removes all pre-built YSMenu's!

jruschme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious.. has anybody tried Clone Wars on a DSTT (not R4) under YSmenu with a TTPATCH.dat from the a01 kernel? Does that combo work?

John

darkworldz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i tink it works with ysmenu... i tried using the sticky tutorial method... works fine with daigasso band brothers... hvnt tried with the newer games.. but it works.. cheat also works with narin usecheat file(6-29-09)..

Solo761

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Did someone try Animal Crossing with this version? I get only black screens. I tried fw v1.16 and it booted fine there.

For now I made a workaround, I set up ysmenu with ttpatch.dat from v1.16 and it works when launched from it.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solo761 said:
Did someone try Animal Crossing with this version? I get only black screens. I tried fw v1.16 and it booted fine there.

For now I made a workaround, I set up ysmenu with ttpatch.dat from v1.16 and it works when launched from it.
Yeah, but then games like Grand Theft Auto don't work without the cheat.

By the way, it seems unofficial DSTT Kernel v1.18A has been released.

http://gamewiki.jp/uploader/dsm/src/dsm0221.zip.html

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:

Already tested it with R4/YSMenu. There was no changelog so who knows what the updates are supposed to be but I can confirm it still has two of the problems of v1.17a01, namely that SWCW:Jedi Alliance and homebrew refuse to load.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
QUOTE said:

Already tested it with R4/YSMenu. There was no changelog so who knows what the updates are supposed to be but I can confirm it still has two of the problems of v1.17a01, namely that SWCW:Jedi Alliance and homebrew refuse to load.
When generating YSMenu with R4YSAuto and the unofficial DSTT firmwares, I noticed that r4dldi.dat was 0 bytes. Replacing it with one generated from official firmware 1.17 (97.0 KB) brings back homebrew functionality (at least for the things I've tested).

And yes, SWCW:Jedi Alliance and Animal Crossing: Wild World continue to hang at black screens. I honestly don't see any difference between the two versions other than this one being a little less stable; my Pokémon Platinum save would not load unless I changed the é to e. The é is also displayed as Japanese lettering.

Edit: The only changes I can seem to find in the new 1.18A is "informal support SJIS Kai (not anti-character + fast start)." So pretty much nothing.

Solo761

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Lacius said:
Solo761 said:

Yeah, but then games like Grand Theft Auto don't work without the cheat.

I meant I have both
smile.gif
. DSTT fw 1.17a01 and ysmenu. Default is DSTT, and if need be I can start ysmenu from it and then start Animal Crossing.

eduardo.falcao

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have an official DSTT and i've tried the DSTT 1.17a01 with SWCW Jedi Alliance. The game ran perfectly, saving and loading... The SAV file was created with the 1.17a01...

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, it seems to work fine on the DSTT. It's only when 1.17a01/1.18a is converted to YSMenu and used on R4 cards that SWCW Jedi Alliance runs into trouble. R4 users can still play this game if need be using the either of the unofficial v1.22/1.23 R4 firmwares.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
animal crossing works with the most resent official kernel with fake killer and the 1.16 but not the un-official one or ysmenu made from it.
so i guess for a temporary workaround you just need to put the 1.16 kernel on your microsd card as something like TTMenu-old.nds to load games like animal crossing and maybe a few others until a new unofficial firmware that works with it is released.

EDIT:
speak of the Devil, there is a new kernel based off of 1.17.
http://gamewiki.jp/uploader/dsm/count.cgi?dsm0228.zip
1.17a02(not to be confused with 1.17a01)
QUOTE said:
--- Unofficial DSTT Kernel ---
Thanks to all hacker.

ashley

---
* V1.17a02 (July/13/2009)
o Problems solved :
0193 - Oideyo Doubutsu No Mori (JP)
0223 - Animal Crossing Wild World (US)
0389 - Animal Crossing Wild World (EU)
0989 - Oideyo Doubutsu No Mori (JP)
1479 - Animal Crossing Wild World(US)
1775 - Nolleooseyo Dongmurui Su (KO)
3369 - Mario and Luigi RPG 3 (JP)
3960 - Dragon Quest IX: Hoshizora no Mamoribito (JP)

o Library update to 3966. (2ch library)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land