Unlaunch uninstall

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by JimPlayz912, Jun 4, 2019.

1. JimPlayz912
    OP

JimPlayz912 A.K.A. UltraGamer912

Jun 9, 2018
    Greece
    Somewhere, that's for sure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Long ago, I installed unlaunch onto my dsi xl.
    Not hiya cfw, just unlaunch.
    And whenever I go to the unlaunch.nds thing, there's an uninstall option, but it warns me that my system "will become useless", meaning it will brick.
    What can I do?

i really miss the dsi startup :/

2. lucks

lucks GBAtemp Fan

Jul 18, 2015
    Canada
    It could be a joke, meaning you will loose homebrews and break protections.

But wait for a confirmation

alexander1970 likes this.
  3. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Confirmed that it bricks.:)

If you don´t get an empty Akku during uninstall......:evil:

You can use RELAUNCH:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-relaunch.516886/

Last edited by alexander1970, Jun 4, 2019
    lucks likes this.
  4. lucks

lucks GBAtemp Fan

Jul 18, 2015
    Canada
    Oh, useless option then xD

What s an akku?

5. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    Going back from CFW to stock always carries a risk. With CFW you can do things you can’t do without – including modifications on system software. While I’m not very knowledgeable in terms of DSi topics, this is a general problem:
    Modern consoles/their operating systems are built to execute only digitally signed software. In order to run homebrew and backups these signature checks have to be disabled by CFW. If vital system software has been modified, uninstalling signature checks may brick a console.
    3DS example

The message of the unlaunch uninstaller is a bit short and misleading. No further comment to this in public (I do not want to be accused of bashing unlaunch).

Not a brick, but possible loss of functionality: unlaunch disables the whitelist check. Depending on what flashcart(s) (if any) you own and the System Menu version, you might lose access to your flashcart(s).

If you don't mind a long loading/startup time, another possibility is adding TWiLight Menu++ as this can be incredibly customized – including startup sound and (sigh!) "Health and Safety" warning screen.

Popular in term German language: "Akkumulator" or "Akku" for rechargeable battery (secondary cells). But "accumulator" is also in the English Wikipedia article

Last edited by KleinesSinchen, Jun 4, 2019
    lucks and alexander1970 like this.
  6. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Thank you @KleinesSinchen, its burned in my brain to say it instead of battery.:)

7. SmashBoi

SmashBoi Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2019
    Australia

Hello! I've recently installed and uninstalled Unlaunch and frankly I was scared shitless. It was my childhood console with so many memories I couldn't bare to lose all of that. But I decided to take a leap of faith. When you load your UNLAUNCH.nds file (which is the file you had to install it in the first place) go down to the Uninstall option at the bottom and confirm it! I had no problem using it and I have the latest version installed at this time (I think its 1.9).

I say go ahead if you haven't really messed around too much with the files, I did a little bit but had no problem at all with the uninstallation. I haven't had the chance to test it a lot but I think it should be fine. The chance of it bricking should be theoretically speaking should be very low. But completely up to you. I hope this helped with your conclusion and hop you have a good rest of your day :)