Gaming Homebrew Homebrew app Homebrew game Unity 3DS Build fails at banner and icon

jvncti0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trying to port Baldi's basics to the 3ds and some of my other projects but when i go to build it fails. I have tried everything I can think of but everytime I build it fails at the last part which is creating the banner and icon.

I have the SDK and the 3dsBanner package installed but I just cant figure this out.

Screenshot 2023-07-11 181331.png
Screenshot 2023-07-11 181415.png

Screenshot 2023-07-11 181425.png

jvncti0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
do you have makebanner (this is probably a dumb question and it's probably bundled) ((but it DOES say 32 so are you running windows x64?))
I am brand new to 3DS Homebrew, so I am confused on this, what do you mean by make banner? As far as I know unity is just suppose to compile it when you build. and yes I am running a 64bit edition of windows 11, i don't even think there is a 32bit version of windows after 10, do i need 32bit windows?

Edit: by makebanner i assume your referring to ctr_makebanner32 and yes that files is present in the directory

Last edited by jvncti0n,

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am brand new to 3DS Homebrew, so I am confused on this, what do you mean by make banner? As far as I know unity is just suppose to compile it when you build. and yes I am running a 64bit edition of windows 11, i don't even think there is a 32bit version of windows after 10, do i need 32bit windows?

Edit: by makebanner i assume your referring to ctr_makebanner32 and yes that files is present in the directory
i have no idea if you need 32bit windows, probably not? also there are spaces in the directory name but there are quotes so that shouldnt be a problem...
try running the program yourself (command line) and tell us what error it gives you

jvncti0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have no idea if you need 32bit windows, probably not? also there are spaces in the directory name but there are quotes so that shouldnt be a problem...
try running the program yourself (command line) and tell us what error it gives you
I tried running the program itself, no error just a quick cmd prompt flashes on screen

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried running the program itself, no error just a quick cmd prompt flashes on screen
through command line. don't double click, do these steps:
press win + r, and type cmd.
in the cmd prompt, cd to that directory.
run the program by typing it in, with the arguments (words after ctr_makebanner in error log)

jvncti0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shot me out this

USAGE : ctr_makebanner32 [-d] SPECFILE [BANNERFILE] [ICONFILE]
ctr_makebanner32 [-d] -noicn SPECFILE [BANNERFILE]
ctr_makebanner32 [-d] -nobnr SPECFILE [ICONFILE]

I assume I would need to put paths to specific files for the banner and icon but I'm not sure how I would go about doing that

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shot me out this

USAGE : ctr_makebanner32 [-d] SPECFILE [BANNERFILE] [ICONFILE]
ctr_makebanner32 [-d] -noicn SPECFILE [BANNERFILE]
ctr_makebanner32 [-d] -nobnr SPECFILE [ICONFILE]

I assume I would need to put paths to specific files for the banner and icon but I'm not sure how I would go about doing that
Oh, I get it now. Unity probably needs you to insert the paths in the settings somewhere.

jvncti0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unable to create banner and icon
"C:\Nintendo\unitysdk\SDK\ctr_sdk\tools\CommandLineTools\ctr_makebanner32.exe" BannerSpec.bsf "C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\Baldi's Basics Field Trip Demo 1.1 For 3DS\Temp\StagingArea\Banner.bnr" "C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\Baldi's Basics Field Trip Demo 1.1 For 3DS\Temp\StagingArea\Icon.icn"

Error building Player: Unable to create banner and icon
"C:\Nintendo\unitysdk\SDK\ctr_sdk\tools\CommandLineTools\ctr_makebanner32.exe" BannerSpec.bsf "C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\Baldi's Basics Field Trip Demo 1.1 For 3DS\Temp\StagingArea\Banner.bnr" "C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\Baldi's Basics Field Trip Demo 1.1 For 3DS\Temp\StagingArea\Icon.icn"

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try copy and pasting: "C:\Nintendo\unitysdk\SDK\ctr_sdk\tools\CommandLineTools\ctr_makebanner32.exe" BannerSpec.bsf "C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\Baldi's Basics Field Trip Demo 1.1 For 3DS\Temp\StagingArea\Banner.bnr" "C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\Baldi's Basics Field Trip Demo 1.1 For 3DS\Temp\StagingArea\Icon.icn" into CMD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Poor and jaundiced is he!