Homebrew Uninstall Unlaunch - missing NAND backup & SD card corrupt?

Wizrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone,
New member here, and have a serious question.

Recently grabbed a dsi and started up homebrew via memory pit.. However right after installing memory pit and hb menu, i went straight into installing unlaunch, without creating a nand backup (didn't use the guide until now). and now I don't have a nand to install hiyacfw with, and the sd card won't be recognized when plugging back into my computer.

Does anyone know the easiest way to fix this? If I could uninstall unlaunch and just start from scratch that would be great, or is there a way to use someone else's nand backup for mine when installing hiya?

Any way to get out of this situation? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello everyone,
New member here, and have a serious question.

Recently grabbed a dsi and started up homebrew via memory pit.. However right after installing memory pit and hb menu, i went straight into installing unlaunch, without creating a nand backup (didn't use the guide until now). and now I don't have a nand to install hiyacfw with, and the sd card won't be recognized when plugging back into my computer.

Does anyone know the easiest way to fix this? If I could uninstall unlaunch and just start from scratch that would be great, or is there a way to use someone else's nand backup for mine when installing hiya?

Any way to get out of this situation? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Hello.:)

You can do the Memory Pit Exploit again and make the backup now.
Once you are in hbmenu you can start the (the previously copied on your SD Card) DS(i) firmware tool 2.0.0 Tool.
Please use an 2 GB SD Card (not bigger please).

Thank you.:)

Wizrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Once you are in hbmenu you can start the (the previously copied on your SD Card) DS(i) firmware tool 2.0.0 Tool.

Wow already a response, thank you! I will try that and let you know how it goes!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wow already a response, thank you! I will try that and let you know how it goes!

Not really sure how I can do that with my sd card being unusable outside of in the ds.
I didn't download the nand backup flipnote lenny tool so I can't do that backup.
My issue is that the sd card I am currently using (that has unlaunch, hbmenu, and the memory pit exploit) does not register when I hook up to my computer. Can I just place the same files in a new sd card and try it again with the nand backup feature? Would that other sd card work or would it be corrupted like the current one?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Not really sure how I can do that with my sd card being unusable outside of in the ds.
I didn't download the nand backup flipnote lenny tool so I can't do that backup.
My issue is that the sd card I am currently using (that has unlaunch, hbmenu, and the memory pit exploit) does not register when I hook up to my computer. Can I just place the same files in a new sd card and try it again with the nand backup feature? Would that other sd card work or would it be corrupted like the current one?

Yes,you can use another SD Card.:)
Please only note that the new one is formatted with FAT32 and not bigger as 2 GB.
Copy your files (The private folder with pit.bin,the hbmenu.nds file on the root named boot.nds and the Nand Backup Tool fwtool.nds)

Good luck.:)

Reactions: Wizrad

Wizrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes,you can use another SD Card.:)
Please only note that the new one is formatted with FAT32 and not bigger as 2 GB.
Copy your files (The private folder with pit.bin,the hbmenu.nds file on the root named boot.nds and the Nand Backup Tool fwtool.nds)

Good luck.:)

I only have 16 GB sd cards and a 1gb sd card. Would the 1gb card work for now? Why can't I use the 16gb?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I only have 16 GB sd cards and a 1gb sd card. Would the 1gb card work for now? Why can't I use the 16gb?

Yes,1 GB fits.
The NAND size from the Nintendo DSi is 256MB.:)

Why can't I use the 16gb?

If your SD card is larger than 2 GB, keep in mind that HiyaCFW may not boot in to the System Menu. You will need to install TWiLight Menu++ as a System Menu replacement when the option is given.:)

https://dsi.cfw.guide/installing-hiyacfw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Real Jdbye I am going AMD this gen still debating 7900XT or XTX