Homebrew Uninstall A9LH without NAND.bin?

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
If your backup already has a9lh it won't remove it.

Yeah but if he followed the guide properly doing the a9lh install, he should have a sysnand original like i mentioned before. Restoring that without keeping a9lh will revert to a stock 9.x. Format the SD afterwards and that's it.

I don't get why people have mods, yet don't have backups to rely on.

Last edited by retrofan_k,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, I have my virgin 9.2U (Dumped with Gateway launcher using browserhax), 9.2U with just FBI injected, 10.7U A9LH, and now a 11.0U A9LH. I save them in separate folders on my C:\NAND_BACKUPS folder, along with my OTP.bin and periodic 11.0 dumps with my "Nintendo 3DS" folder backed up as well. As long as you can spare a few Gigabytes for the backups, it's pretty handy.

My A9LH loads 11.0U from sysnand, and I have a 9.2U+FBI Emunand just in case. I also keep my latest sysnand backup on the SD card, so if I brick it, I can recover without a computer.

Last edited by Jayro,

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The easy answer is to go back in time and tell yourself that you should keep a NAND backup of the console in as virgin of a state as possible.

I don't think there really is a way to remove A9LH from a New 3DS without a NAND backup taken before it was installed. That said, as long as the buyer knows what they are getting they'll probably be glad you saved them the trouble. Throw your OTP.bin onto the SD card so that the new owner has a copy of it and Format System Memory to put it back into the "new configuration" mode and unlink your NNID. If you want to be extra nice, inject FBI into H&S if it isn't already or install the NAND version of DevMenu.

Last edited by Cuphat,

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Exactly, don't know what the deal is anyway wanting to remove it. If I didn't have a 3ds and was in the market for one and it already had a9lh installed in a fully working state, i'd be on the shit like a fly.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Prolly OP is trying to sell to a big-brand game shop and is afraid that they'll check for hacks?
Other than that, selling it as hacked should increase the resell value but OP will need to instruct buyer on how to update and make it work.
Saying nothing about it may work, but if the buyer changes SD cards without putting a proper bin file in the SD card will leave him with a "brick", prolly OP is trying to avoid that as well.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
iirc updating in recovery mode with a old version of aureinand would update the system completely wiping a9lh in the process ( but please do not try without confirmation XD), but as others have suggested i suggest not messing and just selling as is, pretty sure i had a moan at you about not making nand backups last time when you were going to get a hardmod :teach::P

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
iirc updating in recovery mode with a old version of aureinand would update the system completely wiping a9lh in the process ( but please do not try without confirmation XD), but as others have suggested i suggest not messing and just selling as is, pretty sure i had a moan at you about not making nand backups last time when you were going to get a hardmod :teach::P
That will brick on n3ds because the key used to decrypt FIRM0/1 will still be corrupted and will decrypt FIRM0/1 to garbage that jumps to nothing.

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just sell it to a known user on GBATemp that is not a cop.

Plus ppl sell hacked systems on craigslist and kijiji all the time without ever running into cops.

My suggestion is list the system as a normal 3DS. Don't list it as a hacked 3DS.

Then when you meet the kid you are selling to, just quietly tell them that its hacked. If they don't want it sell it to someone else.

Last edited by KSP,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
That will brick on n3ds because the key used to decrypt FIRM0/1 will still be corrupted and will decrypt FIRM0/1 to garbage that jumps to nothing.
Wasnt the key/secret sector updated in 9.4, so doing so from 9.2 could fix said key....again i really havent bothered reading up too much and things are a bit foggy from my initial readup, thanks for clarifying though :)

I do wish people would keep nand backups would make things much easier XD

Last edited by gamesquest1,

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They changed which keys from the secret sector are used in 9.6, but they didn't update the sector itself. They just updated arm9loader to make it utilize the next set of keys from the sector.

Reactions: gamesquest1

I_AM_L_FORCE

Unban me from Discord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah , i remember but I had to throw away a hard drive with the backups due to damage :(

Reactions: gamesquest1

Shrinefox

Persona Modder
Trophies
Website
shrinefox.com
XP
Country
United States
Idk who you're selling it to, but find someone who will buy it as-is and you'd probably get even more money for less work.
Most people don't have the patience to do a9lh

The Super Other

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah , i remember but I had to throw away a hard drive with the backups due to damage :(
Ouch literally the worst feeling. Had that happen to me, but I keep anything I can't live without backed up with Google Drive. You get 15 Gigs for free so keeping NAND backups shouldn't be a problem. Just don't use the sharing as they will take down copyrighted content.

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would totally buy that 3DS if I didn't already have 2. Just sell it like it is. I don't know why you would want to remove something like that. And if the person is anti piracy, then they don't have to pirate games or better yet sell it to someone else who is pro piracy lol.

Reactions: Shrinefox

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are selling it to a game store, use a non-screen init A9LH payload and use SaltFW. this will make the console appear 100% stock. this can also be done for selling it to somebody but in the case of selling it on eBay or other auction sites, buyer protection could be invoked if the buyer bricks the console somehow or removes the MicroSD and it does not boot anymore.

for any game stores, they are stuck with the console and nothing bad will happen from selling a A9LH console there.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are selling it to a game store, use a non-screen init A9LH payload and use SaltFW. this will make the console appear 100% stock. this can also be done for selling it to somebody but in the case of selling it on eBay or other auction sites, buyer protection could be invoked if the buyer bricks the console somehow or removes the MicroSD and it does not boot anymore.

for any game stores, they are stuck with the console and nothing bad will happen from selling a A9LH console there.
Stores will not offer a fair price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz