ROM Hack Undubbing Valkyrie Profile Covenant of Plume

blackkat101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can see the .cpk files by using the DSLazy program to unpack the rom. You can then take out, mod, or replace files and then repack it.

blackkat101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jugiatsu said:
So while I know this will replace the in battle voices, even if we change the scenario_private file from the J to the U version, it still does not add event voices correct?

Nah, swapping the scenario_privatefile doesn't work. Replaces the text of the scenario with the japanese text and still does not trigger the voices even with the sound_eventvoice_files (which the english rom is completely lacking).

Then again, I know little to none. All of what I've been doing is experimenting with replacing files here or there to see if it'll work. I'm sure someone could help much better than I.

xiuide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IchigoK2031 said:
did any1 besides me notice that the mage guys voice isn't jap if you do the undub?

his voice might be stored in the blame_j.sdat file, try switching that out as well. i browsed the contents of that with crystaltile2 and it was all sound files and whatnots. his voice may also be in the file the the (U) release is missing (im not at comp with unpacked files atm, and cant remember what its called) which is all the more reason to try and get the pointers/.cpk files figured out.

/sigh/
does anyone else remember when a undub was as simple as replacing a few files
sleep.gif

Jugiatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xiuide said:
IchigoK2031 said:
did any1 besides me notice that the mage guys voice isn't jap if you do the undub?

his voice might be stored in the blame_j.sdat file, try switching that out as well. i browsed the contents of that with crystaltile2 and it was all sound files and whatnots. his voice may also be in the file the the (U) release is missing (im not at comp with unpacked files atm, and cant remember what its called) which is all the more reason to try and get the pointers/.cpk files figured out.

/sigh/
does anyone else remember when a undub was as simple as replacing a few files
sleep.gif

Usually it still is. I blame Tri-Ace, their development code if you've ever looked into it (especially VP2) is very nasty. I think they have their own code that only their programmers understand in an attempt to piss people like us off
wacko.gif

sinbatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Here's xdelta patch for the (J) version, it translate the scenario to (U) version
but, be warned! There's some problems occurs:

[Glitch 01]
There maybe several events that missaligned, the name of character speaking is wrong, the voice not right, and silences when there are text on the box.
So far only the flashback after Wyl get hit when saving ancel have this glitch. Maybe there's more.
It maybe crash too.

[Glitch 02]
System menu stil in japan, option,load menu.
Some battle texts are also missaligned.

Use at your own risk!
Only appliable to the (J) version, since the (U) version will not load the voices, maybe need an arm9 hack.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9eg3wjxsucm

I only tested this until Ceripha and her father joins.

GrayFox2510

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
IchigoK2031 said:

If you use spells outside of battle (like Heal, Guard Reinforce, etc), his voice will be in English. That even happens with Wyl when he uses the plume to sacrifice someone, his voice will be in English. But when you go inside battle (like actual battle, with the whole smashing things dead), all voices will be Japanese.

Which leads me to believe (obviously) that out-of-battle voices are stored somewhere else.

Jugiatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sinbatsu said:
the field voices when using item, plume, skills are packed inside field cpk along with battle texts

So then essentially if you replace those from the JP version into the US version and then pack it back up it should work in theory correct?

sinbatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
you need to repack them, if using the (J) one in (U) will produce japanese texts on battle texts like items you get, sins, etc

Kerian

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sinbatsu said:
you need to repack them, if using the (J) one in (U) will produce japanese texts on battle texts like items you get, sins, etc
This will only restore Jap battle voices, but not the full jap audio, i take it?

zincsterio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this looks like a pretty difficult undub to do.

Is there a way to extract the the text from the US/EUR version and replace it into the JPN rom? Or is this also really difficult to do?

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
so anyway guys, sorry if this is such a noob question, so say i want to just translate the jp rom to english, and i don mind having no voices, just Scenario_PrivateFiles.cpk will do? or do i need some other stuff?

and good luck with this
biggrin.gif

edit: btw i was feeling lame so i copy everything from the us rom and replaced them and guess what? in the menu screen, i see people instead of buttons
ohmy.gif

edit2: wow, the game id is the same as the jp version
biggrin.gif
now to do a little testing and see if the code will work
biggrin.gif

arciel

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hello guys,
first sorry for my bad english language. >.<

to the point,
when i look the file inside scenario_privatefile.cpk (jp), i found the some japan text in ID00307.(the file inside the cpk (jp) use unicode.)
so, i try to change the japan text with english text, but the problem is the english text not show up.

this what it looks like

so, can anyone tell me how to insert the english text ?

koroshiya97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the patch and the patch worked! However, the rom is too big and won't boot on my Acekard 2. Is there anything I can do about this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh