Deleted member 431702

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I've bricked my n3ds by modifying the home menu.
The problem is that I don't have a NAND backup but i have the original HomeMenu.cia file.
I can still boot into GM9.
Is there any way to install CIA files using GM9?
Or is there any other way to unbrick the console?

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I've bricked my n3ds by modifying the home menu.
The problem is that I don't have a NAND backup but i have the original HomeMenu.cia file.
I can still boot into GM9.
Is there any way to install CIA files using GM9?
Or is there any other way to unbrick the console?
EixMode9 has a homemenu cia installer. It's the same process as h&s but use the inject into homemenu instead of h&s. I can also make an unofficial build with this if you would prefer.

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
EixMode9 has a homemenu cia installer. It's the same process as h&s but use the inject into homemenu instead of h&s. I can also make an unofficial build with this if you would prefer.
Just to know, if it's the same process as h&s but for Homemenu, Can I inject cia in homemenu and the 3ds boot this cia instead the homemenu, like a cia in h&s ?

Deleted member 431702

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've put the EixMode9.firm file in the payloads folder and booted into it.
What exactly do I have to do in EixMode9 now?
If I select the .cia file there is no "Inject into HomeMenu" option

EDIT:
I've injected the .cia file into the homemenu but it still doesn't work

Last edited by Deleted member 431702,

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
Just to know, if it's the same process as h&s but for Homemenu, Can I inject cia in homemenu and the 3ds boot this cia instead the homemenu, like a cia in h&s ?
I would assume so, but wouldn't recommend it. I don't know enough to say for certain. You can always restore a nand backup if you wanna try it.
I've put the EixMode9.firm file in the payloads folder and booted into it.
What exactly do I have to do in EixMode9 now?
If I select the .cia file there is no "Inject into HomeMenu" option.

EDIT:
I've injected the .cia file into the homemenu but it still doesn't work
Did you delete the extdata from the home menu? The alternate option is to use a CTRtransfer. (Sorry I didn't respond. I had a race today I needed to do.) You can get a CTRtransfer file to use here. Just make sure the region and 3ds type match! N3DS = New 3ds/New 2ds. O3ds everything else. (Not trying to talk down to you, I've just gotten flack for not explaining everything.)

Last edited by CrimsonMaple,
Reactions: Xyphoseos

Deleted member 431702

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would assume so, but wouldn't recommend it. I don't know enough to say for certain. You can always restore a nand backup if you wanna try it.

Did you delete the extdata from the home menu? The alternate option is to use a CTRtransfer. (Sorry I didn't respond. I had a race today I needed to do.) You can get a CTRtransfer file to use here. Just make sure the region and 3ds type match! N3DS = New 3ds/New 2ds. O3ds everything else. (Not trying to talk down to you, I've just gotten flack for not explaining everything.)
Thanks for your answer.

Last edited by Deleted member 431702,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello