MattMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shippo said:
I Banner Bricked my Wii its Firmware was either 3.2 3.3 or 3.4 I had twilight hack done and homebrew channel installed but none of the safety programs that would of saved me from bricking my system. I have bought a Drivekey and was told in my posting that I made on the forums here that itd work but I just wanted to be sure and ask here too. Will it work for me 100% If I follow the Guide exactly as it is written??

Nothing is 100%

This guide has worked for tons of people, but there are many that is has not worked for. So good luck!

Shippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MattMan said:
Shippo said:
I Banner Bricked my Wii its Firmware was either 3.2 3.3 or 3.4 I had twilight hack done and homebrew channel installed but none of the safety programs that would of saved me from bricking my system. I have bought a Drivekey and was told in my posting that I made on the forums here that itd work but I just wanted to be sure and ask here too. Will it work for me 100% If I follow the Guide exactly as it is written??

Nothing is 100%

This guide has worked for tons of people, but there are many that is has not worked for. So good luck!

Thanks =) I hope it works for me =)

Shippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got the Drivekey just last night I installed it exactly like a guide from one of the Drivekey sources ie sellers websites page states on how to install it etc. When I start my wii up and eventually get to where it shows my firmware of 3.3US in the bottom right corner I pop in the Nintendos Recovery disk but then nothing happens... Was this a bad burn? Am I out of luck? Is there anything else I can retry?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
vettacossx said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX1olRTAxgo

a video of how to unbrick using preloader method for visual aid
wink.gif

preloader is useless unless u can install it first, on a sys 3.4 u cant meaning u have to up/downgrade but what about ppl who dont want to do that incase the up/downgrade bricks your wii then ur fooked

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
betaj said:
I accidentally deleted all my IOSs from the wii and now (of course) it won't start...do you think this method would work to bring it back to life?

NO !

Posts merged

Rion said:
QUOTE(betaj @ May 31 2009, 10:23 AM) I accidentally deleted all my IOSs from the wii and now (of course) it won't start...do you think this method would work to bring it back to life?

Same problem here. I have a D2Pro chip in mine and firmware 4.0(E)

NO AGAIN !

Why on earth would you delete all your IOS ?
wacko.gif

nothing but a previously done NAND backup and BootMii installed in /boot2 can save your Wii.

AndiNru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I seemed to have blocked my second wii, the first was easy with TW Hack, this one and the 4.0 thing I got to the point of checking if it would load a game and then reinstalled a was I thought I missed and here we are.
I got the UU2 disk and a non-nintendo brand GC controller. This does not have a modchip. I can't get it to boot. AND the message isn't displaying completely - like half of the letters and only half of the letters that are displaying - d looks like and a. -- and we don't have the Health and Safety screen.
DO I need a mod chip for this to work?
Does it have to be a nintendo controller to work?
Am I screwedddddd?

Golfje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey Guys,

A friend has bricked his wii, He said that it happend after installing the Cmios for GC, i think its because he has updated from a wrong region. His wii is softmodden and has NOT Preloader, Bootmii or Starfall, system firmware is 3.4,the only thing what is installed is HBC, Backuplauncher, cios36rev9.

Has i startup his wii he only gets a black screen nothing else... Will the savefrii GC controller work with this brick...

yoshi2509

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi
I have bricked my wii few weeks ago xD Its a Banner Brick. Now I red this Tutorial. But my Problem is that my wii dont boot the Nintendo Backup Disc. So i tried the Universal Unbrick Disc. But it dont boot too. I have a Wii on firmware 4.0E with a Drivekey or a Flatmod. I tried the drivekey and it dont boot so i bought a flatmod to check the chip. But i dont boot with flatmod too. I use Verbatim discs with IMGBurn.
When i insert the Disc in the Rescue menu the disc spinns some seconds, the led of the chip lit 3-4 times and then the disc stop to spin. What can i do? I dont have bootmii or preloader

chrisemersonnc

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man I wish I'd known about the BootMii/Boot2 stuff before I bricked my Wii!
frown.gif

I'm in exact same boat as yoshi2509 (and others).

- 4.0e system
- twighlight hack installed
- homebrew installed
- banner bricked with bad wad
- didnt have starfall or bootmii/hackmii installed yet
- unbrick disc, nintendo backup disc, and bootable WAD Manager discs wont boot
- I've gotten into the SaveMii mode (using GC controller at boot) - but same as yoshi2509 there - nothing boots, Wii discs spin forever, backups stop spinning

I've ordered a DriveKey assuming that's my last/final hope - but if other stuff I could try let me know.

Anonymodude

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chrisemersonnc said:
Man I wish I'd known about the BootMii/Boot2 stuff before I bricked my Wii!
frown.gif

I'm in exact same boat as yoshi2509 (and others).

- 4.0e system
- twighlight hack installed
- homebrew installed
- banner bricked with bad wad
- didnt have starfall or bootmii/hackmii installed yet
- unbrick disc, nintendo backup disc, and bootable WAD Manager discs wont boot
- I've gotten into the SaveMii mode (using GC controller at boot) - but same as yoshi2509 there - nothing boots, Wii discs spin forever, backups stop spinning

I've ordered a DriveKey assuming that's my last/final hope - but if other stuff I could try let me know.

hey chrisemersonnc! i was ALMOST in the same boat as you!!! i bricked with bad wad and i didn't have twilight hack installed (i used bannerbomb to softmod). but i assume that your IOS60 WASNT trucha bugged??? mine was (i updated via Waninkoko's 4.0 Firmware Updater) so i got a drivekey and used UUDv4 to unbrick!!
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: but i thought that if you have a modchip, you can launch a backup of Twilight Princess with recovery menu (savemii) and use the twilight hack to launch WAD MANAGER and unbrick??

ANOTHER EDIT: whoops, i thought that you could boot discs in recovery menu... looks like you can only boot discs in the STARFALL recovery menu!!! save mii recovery menu only loads updates from genuine discs, and if you have a modchip, installs updates from backups!! silly me...

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Anonymodude said:
hey chrisemersonnc! i was ALMOST in the same boat as you!!! i bricked with bad wad and i didn't have twilight hack installed (i used bannerbomb to softmod). but i assume that your IOS60 WASNT trucha bugged??? mine was (i updated via Waninkoko's 4.0 Firmware Updater) so i got a drivekey and used UUDv4 to unbrick!!
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: but i thought that if you have a modchip, you can launch a backup of Twilight Princess with recovery menu (savemii) and use the twilight hack to launch WAD MANAGER and unbrick??

ANOTHER EDIT: whoops, i thought that you could boot discs in recovery menu... looks like you can only boot discs in the STARFALL recovery menu!!! save mii recovery menu only loads updates from genuine discs, and if you have a modchip, installs updates from backups!! silly me...
Please don't bump old topics, thanks
wink.gif

There are many great new unbricking topics, like: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=194182 for bannerbricks, or http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=199396 and http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=199055

Aarush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi everyone,
It has been years since anyone has posted here, but I banner bricked my Wii yesterday and I don't have boot mii, preloader or anything of that kind. I just have the Homebrew channel. I was installing some wads onto the home menu with wad manager. When I restarted my system after pressing a on the caution screen. I just get a black screen. I have a 3rd party Gamecube controller and I can't seem to get into recovery mode with it if someone can guide me I can open the controller. I'm on fw 4.5. I don't have a modchip, and by reading this forum after going into recovery mode I can put in Universal Unbrick v2 and format my Wii.

Thanks any help will be appreciated.

Aarush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi everyone,

I banner bricked my Wii yesterday and I don't have boot mii, preloader or anything of that kind. I just have the Homebrew channel. Yesterday, I was installing some wads onto the home menu with wad manager. When I restarted my system after pressing a on the caution screen, I just get a black screen. I have a 3rd party Gamecube controller and I can't seem to get into recovery mode with it if someone can guide me I can open the controller. I'm on fw 4.3 Europe. I don't have a modchip. I have read people saying that after going into recovery mode I can put in Universal Unbrick v2 and format my Wii.

Thanks any help will be appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo