Hacking Unbrick your r4i-B9S Card

spkuja

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glaciergaming.co.uk
XP
Country
@spkuja is the goal to restore a B9S to its original state (which is ntrboot?) or to NDS? In your attached zip you've added the nds.bin not the ntrboot.bin from the zip posted by @pandavova - if the goal is to restore the B9S to it's original state shouldn't it be the ntrboot.bin (as backup.bin) in your zip?

It doesn't really matter which one you restore it to as the official flasher will then work. The primary goal here is getting the card working again. Also, I did not test the other file in the zip, hence I thought best to go in this direction. Anywho, once it is restored to being able to function as a NDS flash card you can just run the flasher from the r4i-sdhc website and it will then convert it back to the ntrboot state.

Spwnrpe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It doesn't really matter which one you restore it to as the official flasher will then work. The primary goal here is getting the card working again. Also, I did not test the other file in the zip, hence I thought best to go in this direction. Anywho, once it is restored to being able to function as a NDS flash card you can just run the flasher from the r4i-sdhc website and it will then convert it back to the ntrboot state.

Yeah, you are right. I got it working though, went with the B9S ntrboot backup.bin as I have the R4i 3DS WiFi RTS (and not the R4i B9S), and it worked like a charm. My N3DS is now running CFW.

Last edited by Spwnrpe,
Reactions: artrix and spkuja

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you link to that file? I really want to flash NTRBoot but I don't know where to find it

spkuja

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glaciergaming.co.uk
XP
Country

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

artrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you are right. I got it working though, went with the B9S ntrboot backup.bin as I have the R4i 3DS WiFi RTS (and not the R4i B9S), and it worked like a charm. My N3DS is now running CFW.
WOW glad to know it is working!! I have the exact same cart and I've been waiting for support from kitling since forever. I've been checking his github almost every single day. Now it's a dream come true for me :rofl:

Reactions: Spwnrpe

tehrzky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can i have a backup of your R4 3DS WIFI version? because my R4 is brick long time ago. tnx and i hope you update this tutorial how to unbrick other R4 cards. tnx
(my card is from R4-sdhc)

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123: Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?