Hardware Switch V1 not detecting game cards

ebonit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

This is my first post on forum, I've been lurking here and there for some time, and now it's time to start first thread.

Did my Google exercise but cannot really find the answer, so will appreciate somes of you knowledge and resources

Got V1 Switch which does not detect game cards. Odd thing is touch and audio jack works without issues, but game cards are not detected - not even an error, just absolutely nothing happening. Tested with another known-working card reader and the result is identical - working touch and jack, but no detection of the cartridge.

Anyone had the same issue before?

It's worth adding that I had to desolder all nearby connecters apart from gamecard reader FPC to fix someone else's mess after their attempt to replace LCD FPC, but it all has been put back together and work apart from the game cards.

Photo is showing the surroundings of the gamecard reader FPC on the board

The only idea I have now is to check if the CD pin path (card detection) which is connecting to ground when the card is inserted is healthy, it's 8th pin counting from right side in the bottom row of the FPC, maybe someone can help and tell me where this path is going next?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20240223_150616.jpg
    20240223_150616.jpg
    736.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by ebonit,

ThaddeusShaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since your touch screen and audio jack are working, the problem might be with how the Switch recognizes game cards. Checking the CD pin path, which connects to the card detection, is a smart move. If this path isn't connecting properly when you insert a card, that could explain why the games aren't being detected. As for where the path leads next, it depends on how the circuitry is set up on your Switch's board.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto