Hacking Unbrick/unlock 3ds without nand dump

helpwith3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I know its a long shot and probably impossible without Gateway assisting. I am also unsure whether anyone is working on or attempting to find a method of unbricking without the need to reflash a nand backup but I know people have already done great work here by assisting many to unbrick their system. I just wanted to open a thread in the small chance there are any break throughs and there was a place people like me (bricked 3ds without a nand dump) could check for information on how to get their 3ds recovered. Thanks for listening and still crossing my fingers.

helpwith3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So what did the brick code do exactly?

Blue screen of death when booting up after using R4i deluxe card with v3.2 firmware. Seems like Gateway may be the only ones with knowledge on the passkey required to unlock the eMMC and recover system without nand flash.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Blue screen of death when booting up after using R4i deluxe card with v3.2 firmware. Seems like Gateway may be the only ones with knowledge on the passkey required to unlock the eMMC and recover system without nand flash.

So they set a key on the eMMC controller? And current unbrickers just force erase everything?
IIRC back when this started people said they set NAND size to 0.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
That was just mass hysteria and speculation :D others have now confirmed the whole size is shown it's just locked, there is only 1 method known to work which requires a nand dump and one that "might" work, but that requires a valid emunand set up, you might be able to extract the nand from emunand using the emunand tool that was released then use that to restore the 3ds but it would put you onto whatever FW your emunand was set too, I.e 7.1 if you had updated, I have seen 2 people saying it works but idk tbh.

I think at this point anyone who doesn't make a nand dump is just asking for trouble

Reactions: redact
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I know its a long shot and probably impossible without Gateway assisting. I am also unsure whether anyone is working on or attempting to find a method of unbricking without the need to reflash a nand backup but I know people have already done great work here by assisting many to unbrick their system. I just wanted to open a thread in the small chance there are any break throughs and there was a place people like me (bricked 3ds without a nand dump) could check for information on how to get their 3ds recovered. Thanks for listening and still crossing my fingers.

Gateway wouldn't help you anyway because you were using one of their competitor's cards that caused the brick.

Reactions: bkifft

helpwith3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gateway wouldn't help you anyway because you were using one of their competitor's cards that caused the brick.
And that's fair enough. I originally bought the R4i card not knowing it was a clone and will buy a gateway card if my system gets restored. Unfortunately the are unwilling to assist but still hoping someone someday on here either gets gateway to assist or cracks the code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh