Unbrick 3DS near Melbourne, Australia?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by 8BitWalugi, Mar 27, 2016.

1. 8BitWalugi
    OP

8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Mar 22, 2008
    Australia
    Side 7
    Hey there,
    Just to get this out of the way, I'm currently running a 9.2 Sys/10.7 Emu O3DS with Menuhax and RXTools

I'm tossing up installing A9LH, but I don't want to brick my system. So I figured I'd ask here if there is anyone with unbricking experience located near me.

I'm in the South East suburbs, but I'm willing to travel in to the Melbourne city suburbs.

Thanks in advance

2. Seepy

Seepy Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2016
    I've just gone through the exact same setup, along with helping a friend at the same time. I have successfully done it without bricking and my friend accidentally updated his sysNAND to 10.7 but I luckily had OoTHax prepared in the event that did happen.

After effectively going through this twice, I am quite comfortable in saying you should be able to do this if you properly follow every single instruction. There are only a few critical points in the entire guide where bricking can occur, and if you just triple check you have done everything before proceeding with those steps, you should be absolutely fine.

3. 8BitWalugi
    OP

8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Mar 22, 2008
    Australia
    Side 7
    I'm sure everything will go fine, and I have Cubic Ninja in he event I need to downgrade, but I just want to be 100% prepared for the worst, just in case.

4. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    The gen1 old3DS is a little tricky to hardmod compared to it's XL brethren. But if you're looking for someone to hardmod and/or restore a NAND backup @Shadowtrance is your best bet, he's based in QLD though.

5. 8BitWalugi
    OP

8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Mar 22, 2008
    Australia
    Side 7
    Thankfully I have an XL, but I really wad hoping for someone more local. That said, if I have to, I'll get in touch with the guy.

6. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    I'm sure @Shadowtrance will chime in soon. But i was in contact with him a few weeks ago, and he is no longer providing hard mod services until further notice.

OP, your only hope is visit ozmodchips website (i think they are located in melbourne somewhere, but i'm not sure) They provide unbricking only, providing you have a NAND dump. They also do not leave the hard mod installed after. It's unbricking only.

Good luck :)

7. Shadowtrance

Shadowtrance GBAtemp Addict

May 9, 2014
    Hervey Bay, Queensland
    Yeah I'm sadly all out of parts and in a bit of a tough situation and as @Jao Chu said not doing mods atm until i have no idea when. :(

That being said, to be honest with all the safety measures in place now with various tools used in the process you'd need to try VERY hard to brick or just be very stupid and fuck up somehow. So if you follow everything to the letter and double check everything you're doing you should be fine. I did all this BEFORE the advent of OTPHelper and all these safety measures etc. On multiple systems, one of which i did without a hardmod at all. :)

nfan2 likes this.