Hacking Should I?

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally couldn't bear the consistent boot failure of MenuHax. Also with MenuHax, you have to make sure you don't accidentally go back to Sysnand when you do certain things. Besides, the way I look at it is, you already took a risk downgrading to 9.2, why not go all the way? Same risk since you're still downgrading. Also, I believe Sysnand's Firms are protected the same way as Emunand so, it is no less safer.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
can you follow a guide? can you be patient? if so i say go for it. if anything goes wrong go into the discord chat or the irc channel and ask for help. or post here. don't do anything rash, and take your time.

and if you don't feel comfortable with it then don't. can always read the guide through a few times if you want to make sure you get the gist of it.

Reactions: Dhaze

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wish people would stop saying it takes 6+ hours to install A9LH from a working emunand. Yeah it MIGHT take that long from a vanilla system but honestly unless your SD card is 32GB+in content then starting from part 4 to completion takes literally 2-3 hours and most of that time is spent waiting for dumps/backups. Like everyone else said though don't switch if you don't want to, I did it because of the boot fails with menuhacks (I don't like to leave my DS on and kill the battery life). Ever since it's been 100% even with HomeBrew, I can't tell a huge difference really (I was using Luma before to auto-boot my emunand anyway) but I do like it working every time and having the arm9 loaders to extra reassurance.

Reactions: Dhaze and dubbz82

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wish people would stop saying it takes 6+ hours to install A9LH from a working emunand. Yeah it MIGHT take that long from a vanilla system but honestly unless your SD card is 32GB+in content then starting from part 4 to completion takes literally 2-3 hours and most of that time is spent waiting for dumps/backups. Like everyone else said though don't switch if you don't want to, I did it because of the boot fails with menuhacks (I don't like to leave my DS on and kill the battery life). Ever since it's been 100% even with HomeBrew, I can't tell a huge difference really (I was using Luma before to auto-boot my emunand anyway) but I do like it working every time and having the arm9 loaders to extra reassurance.

^This. If it's taking you six hours to set it up, either you're incredibly unlucky and have to have restored emunand 5+ times before downgrading to 2.1 or you're outright doing something wrong. And that's from a vanilla 3ds. Even if it's your first time around, it shouldn't take you more than 4 from a vanilla system.

Last edited by dubbz82,

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
^This. If it's taking you six hours to set it up, either you're incredibly unlucky and have to have restored emunand 5+ times before downgrading to 2.1 or you're outright doing something wrong. And that's from a vanilla 3ds. Even if it's your first time around, it shouldn't take you more than 4 from a vanilla system.

It took many hours to get the downgrade to go through on N3DS.

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
Plus you can't boot your console without SD card when you have A9LH installed

I agreed with you, it's not worth it if you have a good bootrate with MenuHax

Last edited by memomo,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

Didn't even take 45 minutes on a brand new system. O.o

Reactions: Majickhat55

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plus you can't boot your console without SD card when you have A9LH installed

I agreed with you, it's not worth it if you have a good bootrate with MenuHax

I hate this logic. Do tell me, and be truthful to yourself, how often do you REALLY power up your system without an SD card in it anyways? Without it, it's damn near useless anyways which is exactly why Nintendo included an SD card with every system.

Reactions: Dhaze and cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I hate this logic. Do tell me, and be truthful to yourself, how often do you REALLY power up your system without an SD card in it anyways? Without it, it's damn near useless anyways which is exactly why Nintendo included an SD card with every system.
i agree - although arguably it would be nice to have the cfw on the nand anyway.

Reactions: memomo and Dhaze

Dhaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
it took me 5 days to finish it. 1 day per part (5 hours i do it while working at office so it didnt felt like 5 hours). i'm really new on 3ds scene.
i use sky3ds blue button. i think the backup process, it took time.
not the install part. everything was smooth. i experience few panic bump because of my inexperience. Plailect guide really huge Help.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My first time took 7, second time took about 4. Most of the time difference was not being nervous and triple/quadrouple checking every step to make sure I didnt eff up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol