unable to use the Homebrew channel after update 4.1J

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by JediKwon, Aug 9, 2009.

1. JediKwon
    OP

JediKwon Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2003
    United States
    okay I had 3.2U installed USA version Wii and the Homebrew channel and other homebrews all worked fine.

And then I heard that I can play Monster Hunter 3 on online if I change my system from USA to Japan using AnyRegionChanger.

I instlled 3.2J, and updated it to 4.1J.

Now, the Homebrew channel doesn't work. Others like old Back-up channel somehow works but the channel doesn' work which means I can't load any homebrews from my SD card.

Another problem I have is that it seems like AnyRegionChanger has also changed my disk region so that I can't load USA version Zelda disk. Only Japanese games are loadable.

Since I do not have Japanese version Zelda, I can't re-install the Homebrew channel.

I really didn't expect this...

Do you guys have any idea how to re-install the Homebrew channel?

2. xDlmaoxD

xDlmaoxD GBAtemp Fan

Jan 12, 2009
    United States
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890&st=0

There is your answer man, see if you can install that homebrew channel.
    BTW you are insane to change your region just for wanting to play a game online that its not even worth it.
    Live and learn I guess.

3. JediKwon
    OP

JediKwon Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2003
    United States
    Thanks man. It worked. HBC works fine now.

About MH3..... I don't know, I thought it worths trying cuz I'v been always enjoying 'Japanese version' MH and willing to pay 800 yen every month.

Also, AnyRegionChanger allows me to change regions anytime I want without any risk (so that I believe).

Now I have a problem with Japanese Wii shop channel, gives me 205958 error, so I guess I have to go back to the USA firmware.

Anyway, you save my wii [​IMG] Thank you again.

4. ceana

ceana Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2009
    Swaziland
    Not really. I went from 4.0E to 3.2J and the channel works fine. Maybe read the "how to get online" part of this thread. It worked for me both on 4.0E and 3.2J.