Hacking "Unable to mount CTRNAND" 3DS brick error

stellarr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have gotten a really strange brick/error with my 3DS after putting the new luma files in the root of the card. It's very strange because everything seems put in order correctly and nothing seems out of place. I have tried several methods in order to restore the console but nothing seems to work. I've tried CTRtransfer to no avail though it seemed to work for a lot of people. I then tried to backup and then restore, again, to no avail. I seem kind of lost and CTRtransfer 9 seems to be my only option. However, I am not too sure of what I must do in order to solve this problem or if that's the correct way to go about it. Thanks for the help!

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I have gotten a really strange brick/error with my 3DS after putting the new luma files in the root of the card. It's very strange because everything seems put in order correctly and nothing seems out of place. I have tried several methods in order to restore the console but nothing seems to work. I've tried CTRtransfer to no avail though it seemed to work for a lot of people. I then tried to backup and then restore, again, to no avail. I seem kind of lost and CTRtransfer 9 seems to be my only option. However, I am not too sure of what I must do in order to solve this problem or if that's the correct way to go about it. Thanks for the help!
Follow that is said on this post

stellarr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried everything even CTRTransfer with the 9 script and nothing is working for me. At this point I assume I'll have to delete the CFW. The SYSNAND is working perfectly fine (I just have to take the SD Card out) should I rehack the 3ds? If so, do I delete godmode and/or luma first? I think I don't have other option, as the "unable to mount" problem seems specific to the luma CFW

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried everything even CTRTransfer with the 9 script and nothing is working for me. At this point I assume I'll have to delete the CFW. The SYSNAND is working perfectly fine (I just have to take the SD Card out) should I rehack the 3ds? If so, do I delete godmode and/or luma first? I think I don't have other option, as the "unable to mount" problem seems specific to the luma CFW
Dont bother removing cfw. it will not fix a thing. will only make things worse to try and fix. I dont know why people think that will fix anything

stellarr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dont bother removing cfw. it will not fix a thing. will only make things worse to try and fix. I dont know why people think that will fix anything
Personally I thought it'd let me reset and start from zero since the SYSNAND does work as intended, it's just the EMUNAND giving me that error when i try to boot it. It's very strange too since the only thing I did was put the new luma files in the SD Card without touching anything else, perhaps it has to do with the update, not sure. CTR Transfer doesn't seem to help, however.

EDIT: All SYSNAND drivers show in Godmode, but I only have EMUNAND VIRTUAL showing, no EMUNAND CTRNAND, this could be the problem I guess, but I'm not sure what I can do about it.

Last edited by stellarr,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Personally I thought it'd let me reset and start from zero since the SYSNAND does work as intended, it's just the EMUNAND giving me that error when i try to boot it. It's very strange too since the only thing I did was put the new luma files in the SD Card without touching anything else, perhaps it has to do with the update, not sure. CTR Transfer doesn't seem to help, however.

EDIT: All SYSNAND drivers show in Godmode, but I only have EMUNAND VIRTUAL showing, no EMUNAND CTRNAND, this could be the problem I guess, but I'm not sure what I can do about it.
Maybe the EmuNAND corrupted (SDs corrupt for no reason all the time). However, uninstalling CFW will not repair the EmuNAND. Even worse: If some system components have been modified on SysNAND the 3DS will brick on uninstallation. Considering uninstallation of B9S in case a console is nor working normally is a bad idea.

I just don't get where the idea comes from that deleting things might actually repair something ("Start from scratch!!!").

If the EmuNAND does not contain anything needed then just get rid of it (EmuNAND is not useful for the average user anymore). Holding (Select) on power on to access Luma3DS settings should allow autobooting into SysNAND instead of EmuNAND.

Reactions: fmkid

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Probably comes from people not understanding that they're modifying the bootloader and not actually installing a replacement firmware.
Yeah. Indeed there are people (youtubers, generally) believing (and making believe to their crowd) things as:
  • Formatting your SD also deletes the hack, then you must reinstall the hack.
  • New 3DS hacking method = Uninstall the hack and reinstalling again (from "scratch").
  • Luma stucked because a new system update: console was bricked (then try to uninstall and/or reinstall the hack, too).
  • Console turn off after few seconds of turning on = BRICK (use ntrboot, then Lazarus3DS).
  • Your console isn't hacked = format your console better to don't get errors on the hacking process

Last edited by fmkid,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc