Hacking Question Unable to install XCI that was Converted to an NSP using nspBuild.py

cdhoff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The XCI works just fine in SX OS, but when I build it using nspBuild, it throws this error upon trying to install it:

-----------------------------------------------------------
[Install Failed]

Installable content is not found. Confirm the nsp file.
(result: 0x00000a05)
-----------------------------------------------------------

I saw people talking about this problem in the release forum, but it was just people saying "Hey this happens to me too!". I was wondering if there is anyone who has a solution to this. People were talking about creating it manually by extracting the XCI and compiling into an NSP, but I can't find how to do that. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Note: If this has already been posted or I should post this in the nspBuild forum, Moderators can delete this forum post.

Last edited by cdhoff,

RDTG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently, we cannot package our own NSP files. The only thing you can do with an XCI currently is play it with SX OS or dump it for layeredfs. We still have a little ways to go on packaging NSPs properly; on that note once it's done you will know as I'm sure there will be 'devmenu' nsps all over the place :P

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You need to craft a fake ticket and an XML as well. The XML can be created by using another NSPs XML as an example and modifying it properly using the CNMT's info and masterkey revision.

The Digest in the XML is the last SHA256 in the Application_CNMT.

When I converted an XCI to NSP I got error 0x32002 which is a permission denied error. I stopped at this point because i haven't thought of any way to test beyond that. This is without SX OS or sig patches.

If you have CDNSP you can look in the script to see how they do some stuff. Same process pretty much I think, I did it by hand though. Kinda gave up on it.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to craft a fake ticket and an XML as well. The XML can be created by using another NSPs XML as an example and modifying it properly using the CNMT's info and masterkey revision.

The Digest in the XML is the last SHA256 in the Application_CNMT.

When I converted an XCI to NSP I got error 0x32002 which is a permission denied error. I stopped at this point because i haven't thought of any way to test beyond that. This is without SX OS or sig patches.

If you have CDNSP you can look in the script to see how they do some stuff. Same process pretty much I think, I did it by hand though. Kinda gave up on it.
I’ve been wondering if the CDN (nca) has a digital title that has the same title ID for a retail version (xci) if you could take the cnmt/tik/Cert from the digital title, if you generate them with the proper title key, and use that with the extracted xci’s nca files and then convert that to nsp. Would that work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee