Hacking UK import tax

etresed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering if any of you people who live in the uk have been taxed on any flash carts you have brought.

Could you post what shipping company it was.

If you didn't get charged import tax can you state where you brought it and what the shipping company was too.

Also I'm thinking of getting 2 G6 lites from psxbox and would like to know what shipping people used.

Thanks

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Airmail is best if you don't want to be charged on import tax.

I have bought loads of things from Hong Kong, PSPs, Games etc. and have only ever been charged for my white DS Lite.

Airmail packages usually don't get checked so i recommend that method if you can wait.

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
Well Winsunx now mark down the prices on the packaging...eg for my EZ4 lite, Micro SD and EZPass 3 they put $20!!!

I remember years ago, when I bought a EZFA I got a letter a few days later saying I had to pay £20 tax...but I just stated that it was a worthless PCB (Winsunx had marked it as a "demo PCB") and I got away without having to pay.
shy.gif

I guess it sorta comes down to luck, since if customs do open the package they're bound to be able to work out the real cost. The best thing is to get whoever is shipping to mark it as a "gift", since then you'll be exempt from tax.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please bear in mind the gift thing does not always work and if you have it marked as low value your insurance is pretty much worthless.
I have ordered from shop01 (in Europe) and Jandaman (US based) and had it shipped to somewhere in the UK.
Other than flash carts I frequently get DVD's (* shakes fist a region encoding), CD's and other random items sent over from lesser known and more well known shops in the US and Europe, rarely Asia/Australia though.
At no point have I had to pay tax although I usually am not in a hurry to have my items so they usually come by air mail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, AncientBoi be like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxLoR6H7GxQ