UK import tax

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by etresed, Jul 22, 2006.

Jul 22, 2006

UK import tax by etresed at 3:11 PM (1,032 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. etresed
    OP

Member etresed Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I was wondering if any of you people who live in the uk have been taxed on any flash carts you have brought.

Could you post what shipping company it was.

If you didn't get charged import tax can you state where you brought it and what the shipping company was too.

Also I'm thinking of getting 2 G6 lites from psxbox and would like to know what shipping people used.

Thanks

2. _Mazza_

Member _Mazza_ GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Airmail is best if you don't want to be charged on import tax.

I have bought loads of things from Hong Kong, PSPs, Games etc. and have only ever been charged for my white DS Lite.

Airmail packages usually don't get checked so i recommend that method if you can wait.

3. xxx_boy

Newcomer xxx_boy Member

United Kingdom
    you can use EMS, and descript it as gift

4. Noobix

Member Noobix GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Well Winsunx now mark down the prices on the packaging...eg for my EZ4 lite, Micro SD and EZPass 3 they put $20!!!

I remember years ago, when I bought a EZFA I got a letter a few days later saying I had to pay £20 tax...but I just stated that it was a worthless PCB (Winsunx had marked it as a "demo PCB") and I got away without having to pay. [​IMG]

I guess it sorta comes down to luck, since if customs do open the package they're bound to be able to work out the real cost. The best thing is to get whoever is shipping to mark it as a "gift", since then you'll be exempt from tax.

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Please bear in mind the gift thing does not always work and if you have it marked as low value your insurance is pretty much worthless.
    I have ordered from shop01 (in Europe) and Jandaman (US based) and had it shipped to somewhere in the UK.
    Other than flash carts I frequently get DVD's (* shakes fist a region encoding), CD's and other random items sent over from lesser known and more well known shops in the US and Europe, rarely Asia/Australia though.
    At no point have I had to pay tax although I usually am not in a hurry to have my items so they usually come by air mail.

6. Chanser

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    Bought my Flashcart within the UK.