OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GBAtemp, we meet again
smile.gif
Well I'm looking to pre-order a 3DS. I'm actually seriously considering it for the first time.
Washing up just I had little else to think about and I had this weird nostalgia-feeling and put simply, I'm really leaning towards getting one.
This is mainly inspired by the new Mario game coming out for the system. I spent my entire childhood playing SM64 and if this game really is rooted on that epic title, I feel the need to get it at least for old time's sake.
At a push I could probably raise £220-£230 in time for the 3DS release date, hopefully a week or so before.
So does anyone have an opinion on the best place to pre-order a 3DS and a game to start me off?
I read somewhere that Tesco did a good deal so I'll go have a look now.
I'm mainly asking because I'd be pissed if I pre-ordered and then found a better deal elsewhere.
Cheers peeps!
smile.gif

Note to mods: Couldn't think of a more appropriate place so apologies if there actually is one.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
If you want a 3DS and a game, go with Tesco Entertainment (www.tescoentertainment.co.uk)

Basically you get a 3DS for 197, and any game for 10 pounds with 3DSPreorder-1 code.

It comes up to 207, plus double clubcard points of 462!

In addition to this, if you go through quidco, you get 18.63 cashback, so in total, for a 3DS and a game of your choice, you are paying the effective price of 188 pounds!!!! Bargain.

If you want a no hassle 3DS console on it's own, the next best deal is instore at Morrisons, 10 pounds deposit, and 177 on the day. Total of 187 for a 3DS.

Cloak519

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the advice! I found out earlier that the Tesco offer ends tomorrow so I won't be able to grab it in time, which I think pretty much makes every other shop even. All other sites I've looked at have the same deals
smile.gif

Checking Amazon again brb.
Edit: Thanks for pointing out the Amazon thing. I hadn't even noticed they had pre-order deals. They should make those ads more noticeable!
Cheers, saved me some money there!
smile.gif

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
CA519705950 said:
Thanks for the advice! I found out earlier that the Tesco offer ends tomorrow so I won't be able to grab it in time, which I think pretty much makes every other shop even. All other sites I've looked at have the same deals
smile.gif

Checking Amazon again brb.
Edit: Thanks for pointing out the Amazon thing. I hadn't even noticed they had pre-order deals. They should make those ads more noticeable!
Cheers, saved me some money there!
smile.gif

can you not order tesco one online?

edit: just remembered, it's tesco entertainment, you can't. plz delete this post.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not Gamestation, lol.
Their 3DS is still £220 and they've been very stubborn about reducing it.

My pre-order is there, but only because my bro works there.

Shadowhunta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My preorder is at HMV in camberley for the simple fact that they are offering a £20 extra trade in bonus if you trade in a DSL, DSi or DSiXL with box and such before the 25th of March, yes they do have the console still priced at £219 but they are giving away a £20 gift card with every 3DS sold on the 25th of march, which you can put towards a game or such
smile.gif

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
I have preordered from morrisons!
Great price.
I called game and gamestation to ask if they would do a price match, I was told I could but then the manager took the call off the employer and told me they are not able to do price match on 3DS!
So I decided to have a rant.
"with nearly every single shop in the uk selling 3ds under 200, arent you concerned about loosing sales to those outlets?"
His reply was "our customers are loyal and our loyal customers will buy from us no matter what the cost"
I said "in morrisons they are selling it 50 pounds cheaper, thats a big saving"
"we dont aim to compete with supermarkets" he said.
So I said "but they are now your main competition, you only sell game related items and supermarkets are beating your prices time and time again and you dont see that as competition?"
His reply "our customers trust us and know they will get the goods on the day. We can promise every pre order will be met"
"but your hardware prices are 50 pounds more expensive, people will use common sense and buy the cheaper version of the exact same thing... Its just logical"
"we offer trade in deals unlike supermarkets"
"Asda do trade ins on games"
"so would you like to make a pre order sir?
"I already have one with you but I think I am going to cancel it today since you are charging an extortionate amount for it.
"ok if you pop in we can do that. Glad I could help you, goodbye."

Holy cock. They dont realize I was trying to help? How rude.
I like getting games etc from game shops, its nice to have them but I cannot justify wasting money in any situation.

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lostdwarf said:
I have preordered from morrisons!
Great price.
I called game and gamestation to ask if they would do a price match, I was told I could but then the manager took the call off the employer and told me they are not able to do price match on 3DS!
So I decided to have a rant.
"with nearly every single shop in the uk selling 3ds under 200, arent you concerned about loosing sales to those outlets?"
His reply was "our customers are loyal and our loyal customers will buy from us no matter what the cost"
I said "in morrisons they are selling it 50 pounds cheaper, thats a big saving"
"we dont aim to compete with supermarkets" he said.
So I said "but they are now your main competition, you only sell game related items and supermarkets are beating your prices time and time again and you dont see that as competition?"
His reply "our customers trust us and know they will get the goods on the day. We can promise every pre order will be met"
"but your hardware prices are 50 pounds more expensive, people will use common sense and buy the cheaper version of the exact same thing... Its just logical"
"we offer trade in deals unlike supermarkets"
"Asda do trade ins on games"
"so would you like to make a pre order sir?
"I already have one with you but I think I am going to cancel it today since you are charging an extortionate amount for it.
"ok if you pop in we can do that. Glad I could help you, goodbye."

Holy cock. They dont realize I was trying to help? How rude.
I like getting games etc from game shops, its nice to have them but I cannot justify wasting money in any situation.

I know what you mean, it's terrible really. I always go into Game and Gamestation shops but they are generally just bastards in there, and usually they don't have decent games anyway. Only 'big' release.

The Game closest to me, the staff are so unhelpful and refused to exchange my DSi XL because it was faulty (it came from Game as it was a gift), so I took it to the one on my way to work and they were more than happy to do so and were very confused why this other Game shop would not exchange it. I will admit they are particularly helpful in that one, but all other ones I am always let down.

I pro-ordered mine from Sainsburys for £199.99 (including £10 deposit) because at the time this was the cheapest. It was a shame that a few dyas later everywhere else went cheaper than this. I am still hoping Sainsburys will drop the price!

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I can add one story from my experience.

When I was out on launch day to buy a Wii (pre-ordered one at Lik-Sang but no Sony had to destroy them!).
First stop was a (huge)supermarket but they only had ONE Wii next bunch expected next week!
Went to other supermarkets which also only got one or two and an electronics market had like 20-40 dunno people run like bersekers to get one.

What I'm saying is that it's no use if something is cheaper when they don't have any stock ...
Once the cheap stores are out of stock people will go the the more expensive stores and those stores will make a good profit compared to the others selling it cheap.

btw I preordered my 3DS at amazon.co.uk they have a great deal
smile.gif

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
I see what you are saying and it makes a lot of sense but these are pre-orders I am talking about. They are also ALL promising launch pickup. So no mad rush if one is out of stock. As it will be in stock. What you are saying only really applies to non preorders.
morrisons are promosing day one delivery of 3ds for every preorder, same as gamestation. But £50 cheaper. That is a lot of money to save.

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was just checking GAME's website and it seems the're selling the 3ds for £197 pound now or £230 with a game. Might just take that seeing as how i got £20 worth of points to spend anyway

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
knoxvillz said:
I was just checking GAME's website and it seems the're selling the 3ds for £197 pound now or £230 with a game. Might just take that seeing as how i got £20 worth of points to spend anyway

Im doing this.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Definitely tesco entertainment and quidco. Works out about £187 with a game. Offer extended till this Friday,
online only

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-