jaynecobb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh boy, this is not good.

i just hacked our 2nd wii 2 days ago via hackmii.

it's a 4.2U. no problems with the hack.

everything set up for us to play backups via usb_config.

i had not started adding any wiiware wads yet.

my wife decided that she wanted to play bonsai barber, but it's not there.

she decides that she knows how to add it since she's "watched" do some things on our previous wii.

needless to say, the wad installed but would not launch.

so she got the bright idea to try to add ios's to get it working.

now the wii constantly resets any time we try to launch anything via the wii dashboard.

she says that she installed ios249v20 in the ios236 slot? or something.

she also thinks that she did something with ios36.

i now have the wii boot to the hbc via hackmii, and i can get my emulators to launch, and other programs too, however usb_config crashes the system with a black screen.

wiiflow is also acting up as it will only boot mario tennis, even if another game is chosen.

i went back to pimp my wii to see if it would recognize a problem, and it hangs on ios36.

anyone have any suggestions other than burying the wife in a shallow grave in the backyard?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should just follow the stickied tutorial on the top, either one works. it will reinstall all your ios's and get you on a healthy 4.2.

a system check would be good to so we can troubleshoot further.

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's nothing, some IOS got screwed but the ios of the system menu is ok, so you can "repair" it when we discover wich ios is "corrupted".
New lesson, never let someone else play with the operating system of your wii!

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
Most important: Tell the wife to never, ever touch the Wii again. Ever.

If the house is on fire, and she is the only one able to save the Wii, not even then should she touch it. Mmmkay? We clear? ;-p

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u will love ModMii... it's so easy... I bet even your wife could use it to mod ANY wii! Seriously, if she can follow simple instructions, then she honestly could use my program to mod any wii (or fix this one!)

Just for fun, I would suggest the two of u running ModMii together, then let her follow the custom made modding guide (under your very very close supervision of course). I mean, she messed it up, she should be the one to have to fix it! If u don't want to try that, then just do it all yourself, but ModMii can fix ur Wii (so can other tools or guides, but ModMii is probably the easiest)

jaynecobb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks to all.

i will set about sorting this out when i get home after work.

and normally she doesn't goof with anything, she just got a little impatient.

i am to blame here also, since i never even bothered to make a backup of my nand. oops.

jaynecobb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
u will love ModMii... it's so easy... I bet even your wife could use it to mod ANY wii! Seriously, if she can follow simple instructions, then she honestly could use my program to mod any wii (or fix this one!)

Just for fun, I would suggest the two of u running ModMii together, then let her follow the custom made modding guide (under your very very close supervision of course). I mean, she messed it up, she should be the one to have to fix it! If u don't want to try that, then just do it all yourself, but ModMii can fix ur Wii (so can other tools or guides, but ModMii is probably the easiest)

would i be alright for us to run this straight away, or should we try to go back to a virgin wii?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
do not attempt to virginize, just launch the modmii wizard and tell it that it is a virgin, if though its not, in order to rehack your wii. If your current firmware is 4.3, it will not download all the active IOSs that u need to install to fix ur problem. So only if u are currently on 4.3, go to download page 1 and select/download all active IOSs to also install.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like an IOS 36 problem. Maybe when trying to create 236 she ended up boinking 36.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
oh yea, u may want to enable the option in ModMii to download/update IOS36

next ModMii update, I think I'm going to make that the default selection (since ModMii only installs a patched IOS236 now, whereas in the past it used to install a patched IOS36)

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
She probably did what my cousin did, turned the wii off in the middle of installing some IOS's because he was scared he was going to break his wii. Whatdaguesswhathappenednext

Any how, just because you fix your wii doesn't mean you still can't bury her =)

jaynecobb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried many different things that were suggested, and nothing worked.

i went from redoing modmii to trying to download official ios's from nintendo to pimp my wii, but to no avail.

my wife said she installed a couple things and now she thinks that she installed to ios(s) 36, 56, 57, 236, and 249.

no matter what i tried nothing would solve the problem. i am really pissed that i didn't take the time to make a nand backup when i set everything up to begin with.

halo:reach was just calling a little too loudly
rolleyes.gif
. gotta love those banned 360's.

i finally just sucked it up and took the wii back to gamestop and returned it for credit on my halo:reach (yes i buy still), sony move, and kinect preorders.

i guess i will just have to live with taking my original wii up and down the stairs when i want to game after the wife has finished her workouts.

thanks again for all the advice!

caster62003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the wii still at 4.2? Why not just update to 4.3? I cannot remember at this time if it can be done, but doesn't ModMii have an option to select 4.2 to 4.3? Do that, I'm not too certain exactly how the Wii operates in terms of ios, but it sounds like your 4.2 menu is looking for some 4.2 versions of ios, but your wife may have installed the 4.3 ios, thus wii not finding it, thus restarting to prevent a massive system failure.

I do not know exactly what all the affected ioss do in terms of Wii operation, but I would try this, but make a nand backup before just in case if some catastrophic failure occurs. Also, once I again I'm not too certain, but once you are to 4.3 and you wish to be back to 4.2, don't know why seen as you are already at a working install, isn't there a way to go back from 4.3 back to a working 4.2???

Once again, I am not a pro at Wii operations, but if this were my Wii in this current situation, I would at least make a backup, and goto 4.3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I have lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And I havent watched Brotherhood yet
    It was watchable, not sure what my favorite Anime is hmmm
    Castlevania or Baki probably
    Robotech was good
    DBZ I liked up until Cell after that it got too weird
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My youtube comment got 2k likes achievement unlocked
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, i also watch my hero academia and rewatching dragón ball starting from the og series
    Oh also loved Vanhellsing
    And Vanhellsing abridged lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking